Monday, July 22, 2019

Greatness, Greatness, Greatness

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51602667@N06/12095362376
I have been doing some soul searching as of late.  I had found myself lingering in self pity, and that is a place you never want to find yourself if you can help it.  In trying to live we often fall prey to what others say to us.  In going through our day we often fall victim to words and thoughts that are nothing but death sentences.  What I had to do was begin to see me for the real me.  I had forgotten about my own greatness.  I had run away from my own uniqueness.  I had bought into the woe is me scenario, and I had almost forgotten who and what I was.

I'm writing this today in the hopes that I can spare you some of the torment that I have gone through.  I'm writing this today because there has never been a better time to recognize the greatness inside of you, and just what that greatness can and will do for you.  I'm sure that most of you have heard the saying that today is the first day of the rest of your life.  Far too many times people hold on to the past.  Maybe holding on to the past is a crutch for many.  Face it, if you hold on to the past one never need worry about the future, or even the present.  Not what I would recommend, but it is something that many, many people have gotten pretty good at.  We can never change the past.  Yes we can learn from it, but change never.  We can't actually know what is going to happen tomorrow. Certainly there are those who are able to see into the future, but is that 20/20 sight or just intuition?  If we can begin to focus on the here and now, focus on who we are, focus on what we are, then and only then will you be able to navigate this thing we call life.

Our greatness has been relegated to the background because we have been taught that we always need to be humble, and not braggers.  Hey I'm just like most people who can't stand being around people who always have to brag about their house, or fancy car, or how much money they have accumulated over the years.  Sadly these people have gotten their self-worth by what they have obtained in life.  Greatness, as the picture correctly says, is not measured my what you have, but by your gifts.  Sadly many people have never taken their gifts to the limits and thereby never know just how great they really are.  Well I'm here to tell you that it's time to brush off the dust and take those dreams and visions for a spin, and see if you don't come back with a new appreciation for who you are.

I want to stop here for a moment and make a statement.  More likely then not this is going to spit in the face of tradition, but I've never much cared for a lot of tradition, especially when it deals with people, and knowing our true self.  Our self-concept has been eroded over the years by a whole list of what you can and can't do.  We have been told that certain things are not possible, and we have been laughed at when we desire to really soar with the eagles.  I've often said that we have not, because we ask not, and we ask not because quite frankly we simply don't believe.  We don't believe in our own greatness.  We don't believe that we have the ability to move mountains.  We shutter at the thought that we can create something out of nothing simply by believing in our greatness.  We have been conditioned to only see ourselves as mortals and nothing more.  We have been conditioned to believe that we have to go through tough times and there is no escaping the fact that we will never be more then we are right now.  I'll be the first to admit that I have fought limiting beliefs in my life for years. I've had to open up old wounds in an attempt to heal them so that I can once and for all take my rightful place as a creating creative being.

My gifts were placed in me because my destiny was placed in me, and these gifts are what I need to fulfill my mission here on this planet, at this appointed time.  I am not a mere mortal, and you my friends are not simply mortal.  You have inside of you a greatness that very few people probably know about, including yourself.  This greatness is not given to you because you earned it.  This greatness is not measure by what you may have done, or what you may do in the future.  Nay, nay, this greatness is in you because you are alive today.  This greatness allows you to create your reality.  This greatness is what will change the world.  I think if you asked most people if they would like to achieve or accomplish something great, most, if not all would say sure.  How many people do you know that are hiding behind their failures.  How many people do you know that are holding on to someone else's coat tails, as a means to experience joy and happiness, if only in a "Gee I hope I get there someday" mode?

We were never created to simply sit back and watch the world pass us by.  We were not placed here in this time to simply go with the flow and hope that someday we might, in some little way, experience true happiness.  We were created so that we might show the rest of the world what greatness truly looks like.  We were created to create everything our heart desires and to know total happiness and joy.  How many of you reading this today can say that you know complete happiness and joy?  How many people do you know that will be honest and say there is more out there, and they want the "more"?

Over the next few weeks I am going to focus on opening up your mind to your true greatness.  I am going to focus on waking you up from the inside so that your out side starts reflecting the greatness within.  The ability to create things has slowly but surely been erased from out thoughts and replaced with an idea that we are only supposed to have so much and anything above that is nothing but greed.  If greatness is a sin, then send me to hell right now, because I desire to walk in greatness.  True greatness is not going to be measured by what you occupy, or own, or even measured in what others think of you.  True greatness is coming to terms with who and what you are, and why you are here right now.  My desire is to continue to grow in my understanding of my own greatness.  It is in getting to know the real me that I am able to help you begin to see the real you.

Greatness is not bragging to others, greatness is walking in your destiny, in your passion, in your own little world which was created just for you.  It is time my good friends to set aside past descriptions of who and what you though you were, and begin to really come to grips with who and what you are.  I want to soar with the eagles and I want to change the world. This is my destiny, and my greatness is what I have to walk in my destiny.  It is time you found out about your greatness and begin to share it with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment