Monday, June 3, 2019

How to make a great life even better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78592755@N06/15377950014"
Let's face it, we always have a choice.  We always have the ability to choose right from wrong.  We always have the right to choose light and not darkness.  Most importantly, we always have the ability to make a great life even better.  The question you need to ask yourself is what side of the equation are you going to be on?

It's doubtful that every person on the earth is lost, and with no direction.  There are millions of people who are doing what they were always intended to do.  That being said, even those who seemingly have it all could change things up a bit to make things even better.  I guess there are those who are wondering why someone who has it all could possible need more.  We need more because we need to give it away.  I'm not talking about money or processions.  I'm talking about the goodness of life and the need to spread that goodness to those around us.  Let's face it, there are people all around us who need a little hope, a little love, and a chance to prove that life is really worth living.  What's the purpose of "having it all"?  Is making millions, if not billions of dollars, the sole purpose of living?  I think the more you have the more you should give away.  Now I'm not talking about a redistribution of wealth.  What I'm talking about is giving away those things that are going to help others achieve their dreams and desires.  Giving away a smile to someone doesn't cost anything, but it sure could change a life.  Passing on your good energy doesn't cost you anything, but it sure could change a life. Sharing your stories with others doesn't cost anything, but it should could motivate others to finally try something for the first time.  The only way to make your great life better is to help others make their life better.

Let's be honest, there are people out in the world today who want nothing more then to roll around in hate and discontent.  It wouldn't matter if you offered them pure bliss on a silver platter they would find a reason to walk away from it.  Where does this stem from?  Most people who doubt the goodness of life have never seen said goodness displayed around them.  All they have ever know is lack, frustration, and anxiety.  These are the people who need what you have, and these are the people who will be presented to you each and every day.  The question you need to answer is will you rise to the occasion and give what you have to give?  If you are endeavoring to make your life better, then start by helping someone else make their life better.

There have been times in my life where all I wanted was someone to love me.  There have been times in my life when all I wanted was for someone to tell me it was going to be OK.  There have been times in my life when all I wanted was for someone to encourage me and not let me forget the hope that I had long since lost.  Have you ever been so low and so down that you didn't know what to do next.? What would you have given to have some person reach out to you and simply share a caring smile or a loving embrace?  Being there for others is the least we can do.  Once again what good is having it all if your only intent is to keep it for yourself?  You and you alone are the determining factor in whether or not you are going to share the best you have.

I've often wondered what I would do if all of a sudden money was not an issue.  What would I do if I had unlimited funds?  How you answer this question is going to tell me where your heart is.  I will tell you, and those that know me will testify to this statement:  money does not motivate me.  What motivates me is touching lives and helping others achieve their dreams and walk in their destiny.  I see money as a tool to help others.  I see money as a tool to teach and inspire.  Trust me, if you have always been handed everything in life can you really appreciate things?  I'm not saying you have to be dirt poor in order to appreciate the nice side of life.  I'm saying that you need to appreciate your life before you can appreciate other things.  If you're not good enough without millions of dollars, you are still not going to be good enough if you have that kind of money.

Sadly there are so many people around today who haven't a clue as to what is really important.  You can focus on the material, but you will most likely miss out on the eternal.  When I put someone ahead of me, and focus on helping them, I release goodness back to me in a measure that I will never be able to measure.  When I put other's needs ahead of my own I am making a deposit into my future that will only pay off dividends.  When is the last time you saw a selfish person who was content with what they had?  When you only focus on you, you are allowing your ego to rule the day, and ultimately you will rue the day that this happens.  My dear friends making life better is a two way street.  When you help others you can rest assured that somewhere down the road, in a different time there will be someone there to help you.

When I was a Senior in High School I was honored to give the welcoming address to those in attendance at my graduation.  Even back then I had a sense of what lied ahead for me, but to be honest didn't have a full grasp of the situation.  There was a line I used from the Wizard of Oz.  I'm not quite sure why it resonates with me, but it did then and it still does today.  I guess in my own way I always knew I wanted to inspire others.  The line comes from the Wizard who has just given the Tin man a token of love and appreciation.  "A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others."  The true measure of a person is how they perceive themselves and what they are willing to do for others, even when there is nothing coming back to them.  If you want to make life better for you, then make life better for someone else, even if it is a very small way.

When we finally grow up and realize that what we do for others is really doing for yourself, then and only them will we complete the circle.  If all you focus on is what's in it for me, I promise you that you will never be able to have enough and you will strive for more and more and forget what is ultimately the most important thing in life.  My friends give freely, and watch as the universe opens up blessings to you that will amaze you and quite frankly will take your breath away.  Your attitude about others is what will make or break you.  Your attitude about what is important in life is what will make or break you.  Your attitude will speak volumes about what you hold most dear.  Make your life better by helping others make their life better.  Trust me, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment