Thursday, February 21, 2019

Fly me to the moon.

www.flickr.com/photos/49487266@N07/14389436041
It has been almost 50 years since we first landed on the moon. I can remember the words of President Kennedy when he challenged us to put a man on the moon within the decade and return them home safely.  At the time it was thought to be a foolish idea, and there were many, many people who never thought such a feat could possibly happen.

Guess what, it did happen, and it proved that the impossible was indeed possible.  How many people have been told that their dreams were nothing more then whimsical fodder for other foolish dreamers to avoid?  How many people have been forced to forget about their own desires because someone else thought those desires were foolish and unattainable?  Now I doubt that I could have added much to those who put the first man on the moon, but does that mean I don't have the ability to achieve my dreams?  My gifts are mine to use, and to use in the fashion necessary to accomplish my mission in this life.  We have been given gifts and talents that don't always follow someone else's gifts and talents and thats OK.  You have been equipped with things that were meant just for you, and no one else.  I would think that many people have grown tired of hearing all the doubters and naysayers when it comes to what they want to accomplish.  I would think that many people have grown weary of people telling them all the reasons why they shouldn't pursue something.  I would also think that those who have been pushed aside would be mad as hell since they still believe that all things are possible.

Putting a man on the moon was no easy task, and quite frankly walking out your destiny is not that much easier.  There are forces out in the world who would love nothing more then for you to fall flat on your face, just so they could say they told you so.  All I have to say to those people is "Screw you." It's time we stood up for what we hold deep in our heart.  It's time that we acknowledge what we believe to be true.  It's time that we occupy that place that was always meant to be ours.  My dear friends I know that times can sometimes be difficult, but in those difficult times comes an opportunity to move forward even if it's only an inch at a time.  We didn't get to the moon overnight, but we did get there, and you will discover and walk in your destiny, you simply have to believe.

I've allowed fear to stop me many times in my life.  I'm not too proud to admit that I've also screwed up a few things along the way.  What has never changed is that deep feeling that I am here for a specific reason and I will accomplish all the things I need to accomplish.  I don't seek fame for fame's sake. I only want to be the person I was intended to be, accomplishing those things that I am supposed to accomplish, thereby touching the lives of those that need my style of inspiration.  Will I ever walk on the moon?  As cool as that would be, I doubt it, but that doesn't mean I won't help someone else do it.  All the dreams I have are there because someone needs to hear about them or be a benefactor of them.  If I can help someone accomplish their dreams then I have done what I was sent here to do.  Giving of one's self is a noble thing.  I don't give so I can be recognized for it, I give because I want others to walk in their callings.  I want others to feel what it's like to reach the mountain top and see views they may never have seen before.  I want people to be free to walk out their purpose in this life and see that they have had a part in many successes.

I was watching the State of the Union address a week or so ago, and there was a man in the audience who had in fact walked on the moon.  I sat there and thought about it and I was just amazed when I thought about it.  I mean this guy actually walked on the moon, it's almost too much to believe.  Do you think Neil Armstrong ever thought he would be the first man to step on the moon?  Do you think it was his destiny or was it simply just the luck of the draw?  You can answer that question anyway you would like, but I happen to believe in the destiny part.

It's time to set loose all the dreams you have held back because others told you there was no need for what you desired.  It's time to set loose all those things you hold so deep in your heart because what is in you is part of your destiny.  It's finally time to step out and be who you were always intended to be.  Walking on the moon was a great thing, but so is what you have to offer.  We need to get away from putting a value on what others either have or don't have.  We need to recognize everyone for the created being that they are, and accept them for the wonderful creation they are.  I long for a time when everyone is walking in their destiny.  Will it happen in my life time?  Some would say it's a pipe dream, but wasn't putting a man on the moon a pipe dream at one time or another?  Let's get away from always saying no, Or it can't be done, to saying let's do it.  Let's take the chance and see where chance might bring you.  Let's let go of the "it's never going to happen", and pick up on all the "OMG we did it."

Putting a man on the moon was a phenomenal thing, but what you can bring to the rest of society is equally phenomenal.  I encourage each of you to hold fast to those things that you dream about.  Hold tight to the desires of your heart.  Latch onto the possibilities out there, and never, never, never give up on your visions of the future.  There is much to accomplish in this life time, and I for one am not willing to leave until I finish my purpose.  It's a great day to be alive, so why not fly to the moon and see what real adventure is really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment