Monday, October 16, 2017

To each his or hers own; just make sure it's what you really want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98192834@N07/28286127963
There are all kinds of wishes out there today.  Some hope for a healthy long life, others dream of riches beyond the imagination, while others simply want to change the world.  There is no limit to what one desires or on what one dreams or wishes for. What is important is that those dreams and wishes are what you really want and not something that others have said are for you.

There have been people all my life who have been there to encourage me along my path of enlightenment.  Sadly there have also been others who have mocked, laughed, and even ridiculed me for my beliefs and for my desire to change the world for the better.  I've changed my mind so many times as to what I wanted to do in life.  When I was much younger I was going to be a lawyer, a priest, a businessman.  Things obviously have changed and I never became any of those, but I wouldn't trade what I do now for all the Tea in China.  People will always be evolving and with each evolution comes more clarity, more direction, and if you're listening more truth.  The key to all things is being true to self, and never settling for anything that you simply don't want.

If you had the opportunity to change things up right now and do something completely different, would you?  If someone gave you the option to stay put or to go out there and really experience life, would you go?  If all of a sudden you were granted one wish, what would your wish be?  When push comes to shove the truth usually comes out, and more often then not, we find ourselves in situations that we never planned, that we never wanted, and sadly can't find our way out of.  If you wanted to define "Personal Hell" that would have to be working a job that you hate, and I mean working it year after year, after year.  Living in a place that never really felt quite right no matter what you tried, yea I'd say that's personal hell as well.  Here's a simple question:  if things are so bad, if you hate what is going on around you, why haven't you made the decision to move on?  Now I know the answer that most people would give.  Some say they have invested too much.  Too much time, too much effort, way way too  much money.  I get that, but at the same time is that really truth.  Truth be told if there is something that you really want most people would go the length of the world to get it.  If you had a loved one who needed help to save their life you would go round Saturn's Rings to save them.  Why is it when it comes to our own dreams and desires we do so much less to get there?

There comes a time in every one's life when they are going to have to take an inventory of their life.  More often than not it's towards the end of a life cycle, and to be quite frank, that's just a little too late to change things up.  If you are thinking that things need to change up, chances are you are right on the money.  The question then becomes are you going to stay where you are at, or will you make the necessary changes so that you can experience real life?  The joy that comes from doing what you were intended to do in this life is priceless.  Why in heavens name would you settle for less?

There's a saying, "To thy own self be true".  We have been conditioned to believe certain things in this life and sadly much of what has been stuffed down our throats is anything but truth.  People are trapped in things that they never wanted, and many feel as though there is no alternative.  Let me lay the ax to the root and tell you that that is nonsense.  You have it within your own self to be the person you are supposed to be and not simply something made up by someone else.  Being trapped in an unwanted situation sucks, and yet there are countless people in situations that they feel they will never escape.  The time has come to change and with this change comes a freedom that many thought they could never experience.  My happiest place is sitting in front of my computer doing what I am doing right now.  I absolutely love writing, and I love talking to people, be it a small group, or five thousand people crammed into an auditorium.  When I am talking about destiny, talking about dreams and visions, I am aware that I am one with the Universe and the Universe is one with me.  When I am writing, be it this blog, or another book, I know that I am doing what I was intended to do.  Are you doing what you know you're supposed to be doing, or are you trapped in something that others have designed for you?

You may in fact have all the signs of success.  You may live in a big fancy house, drive a magnificent car, and have tons of money in the bank, but these are simply things, and there are plenty of people with things that will never discover or walk in their destiny.  I will take destiny over things any day of the week.  I choose to experience true peace, joy, and happiness, when I choose to do those things that I know are meant for me.  So yes, to each his own, but to each of you may you finally discover what is really important, and begin to only accept what you really, really want.

We will never know when our life will end, but how much better would life be if you were doing the one things that would bring you endless joy?  If you feel trapped, it's time to cut away the shackles and free yourself from others expectations and step into your own world.  Trust me, when you are doing the "One Thing" you will never look back, and I dare say you won't give two hoots what others think or say about you.  Think about that and decide to make a move.  It will be worth everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment