Monday, April 3, 2017

Who would have thought it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85608594@N00/30005131925
I keep coming back to the thought that thoughts are the beginning of most things in our life.  I've written so much about intentions, thoughts, and feelings over the years, but recently I have really been thinking about it again.  I was going to take my blog in an entirely different direction today, but after starting and stopping several times I was prompted to write about thoughts this morning, so here we go and I hope that it speaks to you, as it is definitely speaking to me.

The quote I used this morning comes from the Late British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli.  He says "Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think."  I was thinking about this and as I was thinking about it I was also reminded of the many times I have gotten in the way of my successes simply because my thoughts did not line up with what I wanted nor what I was seeing.  We allow outside influences to dictate much of our actions, yet many of these influences are counter to what we desire or what we are believing for.  There's an old saying "garbage in, garbage out."  If we as creative beings do not learn to control our thoughts, then we will suffer the consequences.  What's that, you're not sure about being a "Creative Being"?  Well just because you may not see yourself as a Creative Being doesn't make it any less so.  Let me ask you this simple question:  Is there anything on this planet that has ever been made that did not first come from a thought?  We can take a look at computers, smart phones, planes, trains, you name it, they all began with a simple thought.  Now some may call thoughts ideas, but it's still a thought, and the sooner we realize the power of our thoughts, the sooner we can begin to live the life we desire.

If you're like me, you've probably grown very weary of all the negativity that occupies the space around you.  Negativity is like a cancer that spreads and spreads and before you know it you're completely engulfed by it and then you wonder why anything that can go wrong, does in fact go wrong.  Light brings light, love brings love, and positive thoughts bring about positive results.  Now there will be those who feel as though negative things are a part of life.  This is entirely true, but what most people fail to realize is that the negative that goes on in your life can be directly associated with the negative thoughts that you have failed to hold captive.

How do you hold negative thoughts captive?  You simply replace the negative with thoughts of joy, thoughts of peace, prosperity, abundance, and any other adjective you'd like present in your life.  Let me ask you this:  when you are surrounded by those you love and cherish, when there is joy, laughter, and excitement all around you, are you really thinking about anything negative?  Probably not, so why in the world would you want to let negativity rule the day?  I've tried to shed my self of negative thoughts, and have found that the best way to do this is to immerse myself in those things I enjoy most in life and not give a moments thought to those things that would like to take me down.

I want to go back to the words of Prime Minister Disraeli and ask you this one simple question:  when you think of all the things you want in your life, do you really think about them, or are you simply giving them lip service, thinking that you will never get to the place you want to be?  I'm a firm believer in keeping things simple, and starting out small. Simply because you start out small does not mean you will remain small, it simply means you are using wisdom as your guide.  When they built the Empire State Building in New York City do you think they began with the Top or did they begin by laying the foundation?  Now that probably seems like a stupid question, but too many times people want the end result without ever laying a foundation first.  Thoughts and Ideas are your foundation, and without them nothing of substance is ever going to come about.

There have been many, many people who live with the belief that if you can dream it, you can have it.  Now there are just as many people who are always wondering when the other shoe is going to drop, and when it does they seem to wonder why.  Let your thoughts be on those things you truly desire in life and focus on what it feels like to have what you desire.  When you can feel the sheer thrill of having your hearts desire then you are well on your way to having what is in your heart.  You are a creative being, and you have the ability to manifest anything you want.  There will of course be those who proclaim they want to manifest tons of money, but sadly the money will have them because they have forgotten what is really important.  When you can couple your desires with your feelings, then you will begin to see those things in your life that you always dreamt about.  When you can feel the thrill of having, then you will have the thrill of having.

It all begins with thoughts.  Begin today by training yourself to hold captive all thoughts that do not serve your purpose.  Hold captive those thoughts that are anything other then the things you dream about.  Focus on the bold, the good, the outstanding, and soon you will be walking around knowing the bold, the good, and the outstanding.  Trust me, if you can think it, you can have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment