Monday, December 5, 2016

If I had just a little more time I would....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32136271@N08/9463771859
What would you do if you had a little more time?  What would you do if you figured out exactly when time was going to end for you?  What would you do if you had to do it all over again?

If you are like most people each of us have answered these questions in the past.  Now maybe you didn't answer all of them, and maybe you are like me and have answered them numerous times, and each time with a different answer.  What I want you to take with you today is a way of looking at life, but looking at it because you are fully engaged with it and not simply looking at it from the sidelines.

I saw this quote from Mr. Franklin and it pretty much cut me to the quick.  It's not that I have an issue with sitting around doing nothing.  My problem is that I get so busy doing things, that the one thing I should be concentrating on is the one thing that seems to sit on the back burner.  I know I'm not alone in this area, but there is hope for us.  There is no doubt that sitting around doing nothing is never going to get you to the point you either want to be or to the point you should be.  Sitting around doing nothing is never going to give you a sense of accomplishment nor will you go to bed with that "I rocked this day"  feeling.  I will tell you that those days that I simply do nothing, where I veg out and refuse to engage in any real activity, are the days where I am left feeling pretty lousy.

Most people who are just sitting around doing nothing are not doing so because they want to waste time, rather they are still trying to figure things out.  You can get wrapped around the wagon wheel and then all forward momentum stops.  I've been dogged by this for years.  I have things I really want to do, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get where I want to be, nor am I able to figure out how to get started.  The end result is that there are no real results to speak of.  Now sitting around trying to figure things out is not the end of the world.  I can assure you that there are  plenty of people out there who will tell you that things would have been much better for them had they taken a little extra time to think things out instead of just running into something with absolutely no idea of what they were doing.  The whole key to what I am talking about is not just sitting around waiting for the world to fall into you lap.  There may be a few lucky people out there who have been able to experience the miracle of things just lining up perfectly and they getting what is their deepest desire.  The vast majority of people do not fall into this category, albeit there are still those waiting for the heavens to open and pour them out blessing on top of blessing.

Don't be the person who is going to say "Gee if I just had a little more time."  I can think of a lot of things in life that can bring misery, but one of the worst is knowing that you had the ability to do something, achieve all of your dreams and yet you squandered all of it.  I think I would rather be void of any dream verses having to live with the realization that I simply threw my dreams away or let them wither on the vine.

There are all kinds of questions that people are thinking about then the end is approaching: "Could I have loved more?",  or "I wonder what things would be like now had I done something, anything?" Have you asked yourself any of these questions?  Have you wondered where the time has gone and have you ever felt remorse for what you never did with the time you had?  I dare say there are very few people alive today who haven't felt this way.  The fact that you may feel this way or have felt this way is a good thing because it just may help get you focused on the things that really matter.  Remember my friends, time is an illusion, and if you will simply focus on your dreams and desires and forget about time flying by, then eventually it will be like time has stood still for you because you will be wrapped up in doing what you were ultimately sent here to do.

So now you have an option.  You can sit around doing nothing, or you can move forward.  Moving forward is all about not letting the dream die.  You don't have to have all the answers, but you do have to have the desire, and trust me when dreams are involved desire is never going to be an issue.  If you have dreams never let go of them, and never let someone talk you out of them.  People may scoff at what you want, they may not understand, but that doesn't matter.  Your dreams are your own and not for anyone else to own.  If I had listened to others from my past I would never be where I am today, doing what I am doing, and quite frankly loving every moment that I get to write or speak to others about destiny.

So, if you had a little more time, what would you be doing with it?  Hopefully you will be doing exactly what you are doing right now and that is walking in your destiny.  If you are not there yet, don't give up hope.  You will discover your purpose, and then I promise you that sitting around doing nothing will never ever plaque you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment