Monday, May 23, 2016

Step out of the darkness and into the light

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13519154@N06/27161063105"
When you're faced with a seemingly impossible task, when you're backed up against a wall simply fighting for your life, when all you desire seems to be running from you instead of toward you, it's very difficult to believe that you have the ability to step out into the light from the darkness.

When I sit down to write I close out the rest of the world.  I'm not thinking about my bills, or what deadlines might be approaching.  When I sit down to write I feel like I'm in the right place, doing the right thing, and doing it at the right time.  When I'm writing I feel a connection to the real me, and the real me is what I endeavor to walk around as each moment of every day.  What stops most people is that they are so entrenched in the darkness of things that it is nearly impossible for them to see even the smallest glimmer of light.

Today I want to encourage you to stop looking at the darkness that might be around you and try to simply recognize the little glimmer of light.  This tiny bit of light has enough power to light up your entire world.  We all recognize the fact that there is darkness in the world, but what some have forgotten is that darkness must leave as soon as light is introduced into any situation.  Step into a darkened room and light a match, what happens to the darkness?  It vanishes, and so too will the darkness in your life vanish the moment you introduce light into it.  So what is the light in your life?

Your light is the knowledge of who and what you are.  If you intend to battle the darkness then your quiver needs to be full with an understanding of your incredible power.  Your battle armor is nothing more then your undiluted acceptance of your destiny and an unbridled desire to walk in that destiny.  Think about this:  if right now in this moment you could be doing those things you have always dreamt about doing, how would you be feeling? If you were right smack dab in the middle of doing something you truly loved doing, do you really think there would be any room for darkness to come in and overtake you?  Your light, the light that will light up your path, the light that will chart your course, is nothing more then your acceptance of your divine nature.

If you were blindfolded and brought into a dark room you would have no idea what was in the room. You might try to imagine things, but it would only take a short period of time until your mind began to play with you and all those things that go bump in the night would be showing up in your darkened room.  The only way for you to fully understand your surroundings would be to introduce light into the room.  It is only when the light is present that you are able to see how things really are.  Well as simple as it may sound, the same can be said about your life right now.  If you will introduce light into your life then the darkness goes away and you are able to fully comprehend those things that are all around you.

When I find myself in a dark place, a place of uncertainty, a place of fear or doubt, I simply step toward the light that is in me.  I think about who I am, why I am here, and I begin to do those things that I was sent here to do.  When I am having doubts about things I find solace in my writing.  I know that I am in the right place when I am doing what I love most.  Think about it this way:  how can there be darkness when you are doing what you love?  I'm telling you that it is impossible to be in darkness when you are doing what you love.  Conversely, if you never do what you truly love can you be in anything other than darkness?  Face it, life was never meant to be a place of torment.  Life is supposed to be exciting, full of promise, and centered around love.  Love for what you do, love for others around you, and love for a life that is so full of joy and happiness it should almost be illegal.

If you desire to rid yourself of darkness, then forget about what you think you can't do and go after those things that put a smile on your face.  When you start a fire you don't simply place a match to a large hunk of wood. You began by lighting the match and lighting some straw.  Once the straw catches fire you place some small sticks on it.  Once the sticks get going it's time for small branches, and once the branches ignite, well then it's time for the logs.  So start out small.  Do something that simply brings a smile to your face.  Once you do that build upon it, and before you know it, step by step, moment by moment, you are edging closer to your destiny, to being the person you were always intended to be.  There will never be darkness when you are walking in your destiny and doing what you love to do.  There will never be darkness when you fully understand the grandness of who and what you are.  There will never be true darkness in you because the truth of who you are is already in you, you simply have to be willing to discover it.  You are light, and in the presence of light, darkness cannot exist.  Think about that for a while and then go out there and light up the world.

1 comment:

  1. *And,* when I sit down to pay bills I close out the rest of the world. I'm not thinking about my writing, or what I've accomplished in the past. When I sit down to pay bills I feel like I'm in the right place, doing the right thing, and doing it at the right time. When I'm paying bills I feel a connection to the real me, and the real me is what I endeavor to walk around as each moment of every day. What stops most people is that they are so entrenched in the darkness of things that it is nearly impossible for them to see even the smallest glimmer of light. *Thanks, Scott!*

    ReplyDelete