Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I've learned most things the hard way, but at least I learned.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25569265@N00/3420223723
Oh to have a life where everything came simple, where there was never a doubt as to what you were supposed to do, where joy and laughter is the only thing one would experience daily.  A pipe dream?  Some say yes, some say no, some just can't answer that question because their own point of reference is anything but joy and happiness.

There always seems to be people around us who want to put in their two cents:  do it this way, don't do it that way.  Granted each person who speaks into your life most likely has the best of intentions, but just because someone says something is a certain way doesn't make it so.

I've learned a lot over my many years on this planet, and while some of my lessons are ones I never want to repeat, I can honestly say I have learned something from every encounter, every experience, and every step along the way.  When people run away from things they are only extending the time it will take to learn what was supposed to be learned.  You can go round Robin Hood's barn a thousand times, and you will continue to go around it until you pick up what you were intended to learn.  I know it can seem maddening at times, but face it, life can be maddening.  If you can find the joy in each lesson of life, then you will bring more joy into your life.  I've been in many situations that appeared to be joyless, but even during the most trying times I have attempted to find the silver lining.  It is in the discovery of joy that one finds out what life is truly all about, and once you discover what life is all about then you can be the person you are supposed to be.

How many times have you felt like giving up?  How many times have you seriously questioned your sanity?  How many times have you just wanted to smash something against the wall because your frustration was out of control?  If we were being honest each of us could probably come up with an example of each of these.  What I want you to do now is look at past situations and find the one thing that you learned during or just after the situation.  You learned something, even if that something did not come to you until a later date.  We go through situations because more often then not we have created those situations, and whether you want to accept it or not, we do create our own reality.

Now there are two sides to every coin.  Just as a lesson in life might be trying, there are also times when lessons are enjoyable, relaxing, and otherwise a pleasure.  I will admit I love it when I learn something and there has been no pain or suffering involved.  To some people it appears that knowledge only comes at the cost of comfort, but you and I both know that isn't true.  We often feel uncomfortable but that is not a punishment.  Our discomfort is largely an illusion that we have allowed to gain momentum and occupy ground that it was never intended to occupy.  I've said this a hundred times at least:  most of what we perceive as bad, or unjust, or simply out of control, is in fact all things we can control.  We suffer because of illusion on top of illusion.  We suffer because we allow our minds to run rampant, and then we wonder why things end up as they do.  We suffer because we have allowed man to condition us to believe that suffering is a part of life, and the only thing we can do is try to get through it.

When are people going to understand that we as created beings have within our selves the ability to create almost anything we can dream of.  Granted man has set the bar, and few ever manage to get over it, but that just means you need to rid yourself of the conditioning that you have been under since the day you were born.  When this universe was created do you think the creator had doubts about doing what was about to be done?  I think not.  Do you think the creator of the universe sat back and said "Gee I hope this works!"?  Do you really think that the only reason you are here right now is to simply take up space and to go thru trial after trial?  Hey man says that's why you're here, but I'm telling you that man is wrong.  You have been placed here to accomplish something very specific, and you will have the time you need to accomplish something very specific, but only if you choose to do so.

I know many have learned the hard way, but don't you think it's time to start learning things the right way and stop subjecting yourself to the screwed up messes that others have made of this planet?  You are only limited if you think you are limited.  You are only a failure if you think you're a failure.  You're only a mere mortal, if you accept the idea that you are just a mere mortal.  I didn't always want to learn things the hard way, but at least now I know I have options, and the option I choose is the one that says I don't have to fall subject to man's conditioning and I can do pretty much all I can dream.  I've lived a life of lack, but that's only because I felt I had too, because I wasn't worthy of abundance.  I've lived years fearing what others thought of me, and what did that get me?  I've lived years of crying out to my creator to show me what I was here for, only to be told by caring individuals that what I desired was just stupid and unachievable.  Well I'm here doing what I love more than anything, and I know that my destiny is to continue to do what I am doing right now.  Certainly some of the lessons I learned hurt, but I am so thankful that I went through them, because it has allowed me to accept the place I am in right now, and this place is my rightful place.

Don't run away from lessons, and don't think you won't go through more.  Learning is every bit as eternal as you are.  Find the joy in all things, and before you know it all things will bring you joy.  If you will accept your greatness, then your greatness will begin to shine and those around you will benefit from all you have inside to give.  Be strong, be brave, but by all means be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment