Monday, January 18, 2016

No surrender, not now, not ever!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72098626@N00/20028569504
As hard as it might get at times, those times when you simply want to quit, to run away, to hide and never come out again, let me encourage you hold fast and never give in to the thoughts of surrender.

I get how hard it can be to hold true to what you desire most in life, especially when you might be facing issues that you simply have no idea how to get around.  I totally understand how the storms of life can drain you of any and almost all of your enthusiasm, your dreams, and wishes.  I would be an absolute liar if I told you that I have never dealt with depression, or anxiety, or even just the simple task of handling day to day issues.  I get all that, and I want to tell you that you have within yourself the ability to let go of it all and never look back at it.  This isn't some pie in the sky, get rich quick scheme. This is about owning who and what you are.  I find that every now and again it's a good thing to refresh others as to the benefits of being alive right now, and the significance of you being here in this moment.

Being brought into this existence didn't just happen.  There is not a person on this earth who doesn't have a destiny.  There isn't a single person alive today who isn't in the right place.  Now the place you find yourself in may not be perfect, but the fact that you are here right now is in the perfection of the universe, and in the perfection of the Creator of the Universe.  We sometimes forget just how important we are, especially when going through certain trials, or set-backs.  I certainly have had moments in my life when I just didn't want to go on.  I had fought and battled for what seemed like an eternity, and nothing seemed to break for me.  I had read book after book on positive confessions, on watching what words I spoke, what thoughts I had, and how I was feeling at any time of the day.  What was holding me back?  Why couldn't I catch a break?  I will tell you that as human beings we all have those moments when we simply don't have the answers, even when you want it more than life itself.

If you are trying to orchestrate your life based on what others expect, or think, or say, then you are making a huge mistake.  Basing your life on anything other then what is in your heart is a huge problem, and a problem that will come back to bite you in the ass.  You are you for a reason, and there is no one else who is responsible for doing the things you were placed here to do.  If you are the only one who can accomplish certain things, then why would you ever want to give that up?  Here's the problem in a nut shell: you simply don't believe your importance, or your significance to the rest of the Universe.  It's OK to admit that, it has taken me years to be able to accept what I was called to do, and even more years to figure it out. Our smallness has been thrust upon us by other small people who refused to accept their place in life.  Our inability to grasp our own significance has been passed down by those who simply didn't have an understanding of their own deity.

When we surrender we not only affect ourselves, but those who could have benefited from who and what we are.  I can understand why people quit.  Most people quit, and I know I'm repeating myself, but most people quit because they don't understand who they are.  I can beat this drum until the cows come home, but sooner or later you are going to have to make the choice: do I believe what others say, or do I trust my heart?

If you are in a place where you are completely satisfied with your life, with your surroundings, and with your place in this world, then kudos to you.  If on the other hand you find yourself asking "why" all the time, or "when", then might I suggest you take a step back and simply examine you.  Knowing the real you, accepting the real you, and honoring the real you is a great first step.  If you want to see walls fall, or impediments removed, then honor who you are.  If you want to experience joy, peace, and love, then honor who you are.  If you simply want to feel good about you, then start by honoring who you are.

When you can accept your beauty, your perfection, and your uniqueness,  you will finally understand why surrender is never an option.  In the perfection of your design is the perfection of your calling, your destiny.  You are perfectly equipped to do what you were placed here to do.  Why in the world would you want to quit, to surrender, when everything around you is perfectly suited for what you were meant to do?  Why would you want to throw away your dreams and visions, when you have everything you need to walk out those dreams and visions?

Today I want you to look deep within, and ask yourself what you really want.  If you can be honest with what is in your heart, then you can begin to have the things in your heart.  If you run from those things you want the most in life, you will be kicking yourself in the butt sooner or later.  Now is not the time to give up on things, now is the time to embrace all that you are, all that you want, and all that you know to be true.  Now is not the time to surrender it all away.  You will be better for having accepted who you are and why you are here.  Trust in the perfection of your creator, and make the determination that you will never quit, you will never surrender, not now, not ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment