Monday, November 23, 2015

Give Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51625243@N06/6836937186
I guess I'm going to be a little cliche today and write something about thankfulness, after all it is the Thanksgiving Week.  Thankfulness is all about how you look at things, how you think about things, and really, how you decide to live your life.

To some people thankfulness comes when they are able to get up in the morning and begin their day.  To others, thankfulness is when they have put in a hard days work, get to come home and simply relax.  There are those who have forgotten to be thankful for the little things in life, those things that many seem to take for granted.

It's often easy to forget that even though things may come easy, that things may always be there, there still is a need to be thankful for all the things you do have.  When one is unable to show thanks for things, then it is only a matter of time until they begin to feel as they are entitled to things, and thanks is the last thing on their mind.  Entitlement and thanks very rarely share the same stage, and regretfully there are many people out there today who feel entitled, but that is a subject for another day.  What I want to do today is simply remind you that thankfulness is something you much choose to do.  Showing thanks or appreciation for all you have, for all you do, or simply for who you are, is something that should be displayed each and every day.

I am thankful for so much in my life: family, friends, and the ability to do what I love.  I have had to teach myself to be thankful for some things, things that many would never see as a blessing, or as something to be thankful for.  There are things that may not always be enjoyable, things that sometimes make you want to cry out for relief, but you still need to be thankful for them as they tend to teach us valuable lessons, lessons that will help you discover and walk in your destiny.

I was having a discussion with my twin brother last night and we talked about failure, or at least what some might call failure.  There will be times when what you may be trying to accomplish never comes to pass, but have you ever given thought to the fact that what didn't happen, or take place, needed to be that way so what was really intended for you could come to fruition?  We as humans tend to think about failure as simply not being able to accomplish something, or when things don't go according to plan.  What I want you to realize is that things happen for a reason, and even if you can't see or understand the reason behind something, the outcome will be exactly what was called for.

What are some of the things you are grateful for today?  Are you able to see things from a place of thanks, or are you preoccupied with what you think should be going on in the moment?  If you can detach yourself from certain expectations, and realize that what you desire will come to pass, even if it takes a little extra time, then this should be enough to shout words of thanks to the rest of humanity.

I know how tough it can be to be thankful for things, especially when you might not understand why certain things are going on.  I also know how crazy it seems to be accepting of all things, even when things don't go according to plan.  We have to realize that what is going to happen is going to happen, so why not take the approach of enjoying every minute of every day, and be thankful that you are able to participate in this thing we call "living".

Thanksgiving comes once a year, but as cliche as it may sound, you should be thankful for all things, at all times.  I love Thanksgiving because it is the kick off to my favorite holiday of the year, Christmas.  A time to spread cheer, peace, love, and share moments with others.

I was busy the other day working a project that is a blessing in so many ways.  As I was going through my day I was mindful of the many things that have happened over the last year, and I was simply thankful for the way so many things have worked out. I simply sent out happy, loving, and thankful energy to the rest of the Cosmos.  I wanted to share the joy I felt, and so I simply spoke it.  Funny thing, as I was speaking about being thankful, I began to be even more thankful. Before I knew it I was smiling, almost skipping, and I simply wanted to live in that moment.  I know it may seem crazy or even a little childish to speak out things like this, but trust me, it will change the entire dynamic of your day.  Showing or displaying thanks is a sure sign that you realize there is more to life then simply going about your day with a list of thing to do, in order to get to a point where you think others think you should be.

Thankfulness is knowing that all things will work out as they need to work out, because in the end we are simply along for the ride.  Display thankfulness, and get more thankfulness.  Be grateful for all that you have, all that you can do, and finally for all that is about to be thrust upon you.  I am so grateful for what lies ahead of me, for it is my destiny.  Your destiny waits you, and when you step out into it be sure to give thanks, for you are about to experience life in a manner that will surpass your wildest expectations.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am thankful for everyone and everything in my life! Thank You, God/Spirit for All always! ... Thank You, Scott for writing this inspiring blog about thankfulness - one of the best I've ever read, and for all you are and do! Many Blessings, Joy, Peace, Light and Love always! :) <3

    ReplyDelete