Friday, January 9, 2015

Is it "Turning Point" time yet?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zen/3835576692
Yep, we all come to one sooner or later, a fork in the road.  Two divergent paths either meeting or going on their separate ways.  We all come to a turning point in life and once you can accept this you can get on with living your life.

Questions always arise: do I do this or do that? Is it time to change careers?  Do I begin a new diet? Questions on top of questions, decisions on top of decisions.  What is one to do when the fork in the road is made known to us?

I know very few people who have not had to address this issue in the past, and I'm pretty confident that this is something that all of us are going to have to face again in the future.  The question I have for you today is, what are you going to do when you have to make the decision?

I came to a turning point in my life not long ago.  I had to decide if I was going to allow my past to hold me back from my future, or was I going to throw all the pain away and do what I knew I was supposed to do?  Now I had some pretty hefty baggage that I had been carrying with me for many years, and as much as I wanted to dispose of it, I also had grown accustomed to having it with me.  It brought me comfort, and no matter how bad the pain was, comfort is something we do not like to let go of, no matter how bad things get.  What I want you to do today is make the decision that it is time to let go of the past, and move toward your future.  I can't tell you what your future holds, but what I can tell you is this: if you can't let go of the past, then there will be no future for you.

My greatest desire is moving forward with helping others discover what is their destiny.  It is something that I think about day in and day out.  I doubt there is a single hour of any day that I do not think about destiny.  It is such a part of my life right now.  Each of you have this same drive in you.  Many know what they want, but have yet to figure out how to get there. Some have yet to discover what the "thing "is, but they are trying their hardest to discover it.  Unfortunately, there are others who have given up on discovering their destiny, and have decided that they will just go through life and take what comes their way.  This is so sad to see, but at the same time so avoidable.

Things in life change.  Situations come and go like the seasons, and we view things differently depending on where we are at in the moment.  What you need to do is grab hold of what you know to be true, and never let others discourage you, alter your desires, or steal the one thing that is yours.  I have had more negative words spoken about my work with destiny, but I refuse to hold them, focus on them, or even acknowledge them.   People have a way of destroying a vision, and what is sad is that the vision is not theirs but someone else's.  You can't allow someone steal what is rightfully yours.

If you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?  If the answer you give is anything contrary to what you are currently doing, then I know you have yet to accept or walk in your destiny. Now there is no shame in that.  Many people have yet to discover their destiny, but that doesn't mean they don't have one, and it certainly does not mean they won't discover it.  What I want you to see right now is the importance of accepting that things don't have to stay the way they are, especially if what you are currently doing right now is not bringing you peace, joy, and happiness.

If peace is not a part of your daily life maybe it's time for a change.  If joy is missing, maybe it's time for a change.  If happiness is something that seems long gone, then maybe it's time for a change.  I would say that a fork in the road is fast approaching and you will have to decide what path you are going to take.  You can continue on the same course and things will stay pretty much as they are right now.  Or, you can alter your course, experience new things, and see where life takes you.  Given the two options, which one makes more sense?

We will all come to the turning point in life.  Often it shows up when you least expect it, but show up it will.  There is nothing better then having the opportunity to change things up, and in this change, place yourself on the path to your destiny.  I have had many forks in the road in my life, and I am so glad that I did not ignore them.  Not all of them have been pleasant, but each one has taught me some valuable lessons.  Turning points are there to correct your life's course, and until such time as you take the right path, situations will always present themselves in an attempt to get you to where you need to be.  Keep your eyes open for the forks in the road.  Take the right path and life is everything you hoped it to be.  Refuse to make a choice, and the choice will be made for you in having to repeat things that most of us would rather not repeat.  Never be afraid of choices.  You can do this.  It is a turning point for many, and I love it when opportunity comes knocking.  Listen for the knock, and then choose your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment