Monday, October 6, 2014

A day to remember.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/deeplifequotes/7376406870
There are days that most people will never forget.  9/11, November the 22nd, 1963, and December 7th, 1942 to name just a few.  I can vividly remember where I was and what I was doing on 9/11.  There are days that will stay with us for as long as we live, and there are other days that have occurred that we would rather forget.

I  can remember the day that my daughter was born, not realizing how my life would change because of this remarkable young lady.  I can remember so many days, moments, and events.  It's good to remember, and we can learn from past events and happenings, but what I see many people do is not let go of the past and that makes it almost impossible to step into the future.  

I feel as though there's a tendency with a lot of people to hold on to things much longer then is healthy for them.  Something will happen and they chew on it and chew on it for days, weeks, and in some cases years, but all they have done was extend the life of something that should have died off long ago.  Don't misunderstand me, I believe there are certain days and events in each of our lives that warrant remembrance.  I remember when I finally made the decision to begin writing my first book.  The time frame from the first thought of writing and finally putting pen to paper was a 15 year gestation period, but thankfully it was birthed.  It happened at the right time and it has opened doors for me that were once just a dream.  I can also remember things that I should have done but didn't and now I am having to live with the consequences of my inaction.  Still, I can look back and know that things have happened just as they needed to happen and I have learned from the past, boy have I learned from the past.

What I want you to remember is some of the "whys". Why did you do this, or do that?  Why did you think this or think that?  When we can get to the bottom of the whys, then we can get to the bottom of many things in our lives.  I also want you to realize that even though we may not always know why things happen, they do happen for a reason, and the outcome of any situation is always going to be a learning experience.

Let me digress for just a moment as ask you some simple questions:  Do you remember the last time you felt confident in your future?  I mean, is there a confidence in you that just knows that things are as they should be?  Are you as confident about your future as you are familiar with your past?  Have you forgotten what has brought you this far and what will carry you into the future?  Many will be able to answer all of those questions, while some will ponder a few, and others still will not have the answers to any of them.  As questions go, these are pretty simple.  These are questions that people have been asking themselves for years, and these are questions that people will continue to ask into the future.  What is important is not so much what others will do with these questions, but what will you do with them?

I want today to be a day that you remember into the future, because today was the day that you accepted your place in the Universe and said I want to be a part of this place.  Until such time as you can see yourself as a part of the bigger picture, you will not be a part.  If you are able to remember today, then I can assure you that you will have plenty of tomorrows, at least enough tomorrows to walk in your destiny.  Forget about lost time, days spend wandering around trying to figure things out.  We will never get back the days of last week, or last month.  We will never be able to turn back the hands of time. What we must do is move forward and accept our rightful place in the universe.

I want today to be a day you remember for a long time to come, and when you remember you look back fondly on what you have learned and what you have been able to teach others.  It's a good day when you can look back and realize that there is nothing holding you back now.  Let this be a day to remember.

As clearly as I can remember historical events of the past, I clearly remember when I discovered my destiny.  I want you to experience the same thing.  On that day, there will never be anything that will be able to sweep this event from your mind.  Discovering and walking in your destiny is why you are here.  Discovering and walking in your destiny is what others need from you.  Discovering and walking in your destiny will help you shed your mind of the past, a past that may have held you down for years.  In years to come you will be able to quote the immortal lines "Oh yes I remember it well." It is your time to remember, your day to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment