Friday, June 27, 2014

If I could turn back time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archetypefotografie/3821120232
If I could turn back time, would I? If you could turn back time, would you?  I have a sneaky suspicion that given the opportunity to change things from the past, most of you would opt to make some changes, but please forgive me when I say, that doing this would be foolishness gone to seed. As I have said so many times in the past, lessons learned are invaluable and each lesson has been handed to you to teach you something.  If you were able to turn back the hands of time, then you would still find yourself in a similar position at some point because the lesson would still have to be learned.

I know how easy it is to want to go back and have a do over.  I know how we as humans look at time and wish beyond almost anything that we could turn back the hands of time and regain our youth.  I often wonder what it would be like to be twenty-five again, knowing what I know now.  Problem is, I would still make the same mistakes I made when I was twenty-five, and let's be honest, who wants to go over old ground yet again.  It's OK to turn back the hands of time in your thoughts and memories, but only as a learning mechanism.  We do learn from the past, but why you would want to go back and live it again is beyond me.  Most people desire the past because quite frankly they are either afraid of what lies ahead in the future, or they simply don't want to face it.

As an adventurist I love the future because I don't have to wonder about it, I simply get to experience it as it rolls out in front of me.  I could sit here all day long and bemoan the past, but that isn't going to change anything that has already taken place.  Learn from the past, carry it into today, and let your today, catapult you into tomorrow. I honestly would not want to change anything from my past simply because it has taught me what I need to know right now.  This understanding comes from many, many years of wishing I could change things, and finally coming to grips with the simple fact that I can't.  This is the same realization you will have to come to if you ever want to move ahead and be the person you were always intended to be.

I'm going to say something right now, and I am giving you fair warning that this may not sit well with some people, but it has to be said.  Those who always think about going back, doing over, or otherwise desiring a chance to change the past, are the very same people who have yet to discover their true destiny, and I can almost bet, even if they have an inclining of their destiny,  have yet to begin to walk in it.  I'm not saying this to be cruel, but rather to get you to understand that all lessons, even the painful ones are there to teach.  Most people who desire those lost years back would just manage to piss them away again, because they have missed the most important aspect, that being the knowledge of who and what they are.  Once you have understood why you are here, what you are supposed to do, and the beauty of your being, then most enlightened people, if not all would never desire to go back to the way it was before you had this discovery.

I also want to make one final comment about going back and this is focused on those who feel as though they want to be young again.  The main reason people desire to have their youth back is simply because they are not happy with who they are right now, nor do they have even an inclining of who and what they are.  I love being me right now, even with the thinning and graying hair.  I am just where I am supposed to be, looking just as I am supposed to look, and as far as I am concerned that is all that matters.  Love who you are, understand who you are, and then move forward.  I would much rather dream about the future, then focus on the past.  I would much rather anticipate the wonders that lie ahead verses cry over the struggles of the past.

If you want to be excited about something, be excited about what awaits you tomorrow, but always remember to be grateful for what you have today.  Today is all about you, it is all about being the wonderful, beautiful, infinite being that you are.  If you are unable to appreciate today, then you will most likely want to have yesterday back.  If you only desire to have your yesterdays back, I can assure you that your tomorrows will be no picnic.  So given the option, a better tomorrow, or a repeat of the past, which one would you opt for?

Learn to let go of the past.  Learn to appreciate today.  Learn to look forward to tomorrow.  If you can do all three of these, then you will be on your way to something wonderful.  I have learned much from what I have gone through.  Life has not always been pleasant, but it has taught me well.  I appreciate each day as I walk through it, and that allows me to expect blessings and opportunities in the future.   Let go of the past, and walk boldly into tomorrow.  I have no desire to turn back the hands of time, I only desire to be who I am right now, experiencing life one day at a time, and sharing what I know with others.  It is a grand life, and you have the opportunity to share in this grandness as well.  Stop thinking about the past, and move forward to your future.  You will not regret it.






No comments:

Post a Comment