Thursday, April 24, 2014

You may have believed it once, but it doesn't need to define you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dionnehartnett/6637860983
It's a throwback Thursday and it got me thinking: how often do we measure ourselves based on what has already happened or what we have already done?  I know that I have been guilty of this, and quite frankly it really hasn't done me any good, not any good at all.

I have had to learn to free myself from myself; those imposed expectations, some realistic, some unrealistic.  I have had to walk away from my past, even when my past didn't want to let go of me.  Now I am not saying that we should never learn from our past.  We often talk about learning from past experiences, in an attempt not to have to relive whatever may have taken place that brought about hurt, fear, or even loss.  There is no question that we should be open to these lessons, but when you allow them to take control of your tomorrows then you have a problem.

I don't want to mislead you, I think there is a time to reflect, to look back, and maybe marvel at what has taken place.  The point I want to make is that you can't trap yourself in the past, your past.  What may or may not have happened before can not and should not define you.  As humans we have a tendency to look at the past and use it as a gauge for what we should expect in the future.  If one was told they would never amount to anything by some one, you must choose whether to accept these words or let them roll off you.  The simple fact is that even though one may have failed at something in the past doesn't mean that you have a life sentence of failure for your future.  We must let go of past hurts and failures if we are ever going to move forward in life.  Once again, I had to free myself from the trappings of past failures and hurts.  There is not a single person alive today who has not had to do just that, or will have to do it at some point in the future.  What we believe will ultimately become our reality, and what becomes our reality can and most likely will define us.

My epiphany came not long ago.  My AH-HA moment so to speak, when I realized that I had placed myself into bondage because I was unable to let go of things from the past.  I had began to believe that nothing good would ever come in my life because up to this point I had been fighting the demons of my past.  I had to come to the understanding that I was in fact deserving of goodness in my life and most of what I had gone through, before my eyes were opened up, was a direct result of what I put into place because of my thoughts, words, and actions.  I am about to say something right now, that some will discount, others will think about, and others will run full boar with.  I will say that there was a time when I would not have tackled this subject, but I have also gotten to the point in my life where I refuse to beat around the bush any longer.  So here you go:  you are first and foremost a divine creation.  You are on par with others who have come before you who hold positions of importance to the rest of humanity.  God is not a respecter of people, and God is the same today, yesterday and forever.  We as a divine being were never intended to walk around in doubt, fear, sorrow, or any other emotion that man has conditioned us to believe, that is not a mirror of the true nature of God.  The Creator of the Universe knows nothing about lack, sorrow, fear, doubt. These are all man made and these are what we allow ourselves to walk in, even if we were never intended to walk in them.  Until you can grasp the concept you will have to deal with these emotions and feelings.

The time has come for you to free yourself from man's expectations and truly walk free and only display those characteristics that are truly inspired by our creator.  If you are unable to focus on joy and happiness, then you will never get to the point where you are experiencing it.  If you only look at the bad in the world, the hurt, turmoil, then you are just setting yourself up to live a life full of the negative things in this world and not the splendor that God created just for you.  We have to get away from the notion that God is unreachable and only if you have spend countless years in study of the sacred texts and other such things, are you worthy of an audience with the Great and Powerful Creator.  These are man's concoctions and not God's.  We are not some tiny being who just takes up space.  We must see ourselves as the most important creation that God ever made and that we are in line for the throne.  We are all royalty, individual and corporate.  We must forget about the past and look at things through the creator's eyes.

I for one do not wish to go back to life the way it was.  I've had enough pain and sorrow in my lifetime to last twenty lifetimes.  I choose to believe that I am not a failure, a loser, one who will always need help from others because I was not good enough to do it myself.  I choose to believe that I am one with God and God is one with me.  There will be those who will think I have gone mad for saying that, but they will be the ones who will not be able to make the leap later on when they need it the most.  It is time to be free from what you always thought and it is time to be free to be what you were always intended to be.  Until such time as you can accept these words, you will find yourself still dealing with all the ups and downs of life.  You will still have questions to ask, but never get the answers you seek.  If you are unable to believe in your greatness, then greatness will forever be just a dream and never a reality.  There are things that you have been destined to complete and because of that you must make a decision.  Will you believe all the garbage you have been taught in the past or will you move forward in the knowledge that your divine nature is real and because it is real you have abilities that you will marvel at?

It is time to free yourself.  It is time to understand that you are special and able to accomplish impossible things.  Think about this for a while and then let me know what happens.  Your freedom from your past will enable others to be free from theirs.  You will be doing something for humanity that is greatly needed right now.  You will be a catalyst for change in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment