Friday, March 28, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevewall/332832383/
No, I am not writing about Christmas because it is still so bloody cold outside and here it is nearly the first of April.  I am writing about Christmas from the stand point of the expectations and the excitement that comes with the holidays and how we prepare for them.  When I was much younger I would not sleep for what seemed like weeks before Christmas Day.  As kids we were so excited to wake up in the morning run down stairs and see what Santa had left for us under the tree. Now I know this may seem very Norman Rockwellian, but just stick with me and I hope you will see where I am taking this.

When was the last time you bolted down the stairs in the morning, any given morning for that matter, to see what the day had in store for you? When was the last time you were excited about getting up and being able to take on the day, just knowing that something magical was going to take place today?  When was the last time that you quite frankly were looking forward to going to work and knowing you were going to have an impact on the rest of humanity, or at least a small part of it? If you do not feel this every day, then the question I have for you is why not?  Why are you not excited about each day and the opportunities that are surely going to pop up for you?  Why are you not thrilled to be a part of this thing we call life and know that you will have an impact, a positive impact, on some one's life today?  

That excitement that you had on Christmas Day is the same excitement you should have each and every day of your life, if for no other reason then you are able to walk in your destiny and do the things that you were created to do.  I so love sitting down each morning and just writing.  I may have a specific topic to write about, or I might just wing it, which is pretty much what I do each day, but I love when Spirit gives me the topic for the day and then the words that go with it.  I can't take credit for what I write, I just listen and put down what pops into my spirit.  I didn't choose my destiny, it was chosen for me.  I have however made the choice to walk in my destiny, and you will have to make that same decision.  Will you walk in your destiny, or will you just ramble on through life always wanting more or something different?

Ask yourself this very simple question:  are you happy right now?  Do you feel as though you are just going to settle for what life throws at you and let the chips fall where they may?  Is there something that you know you should be doing with your life and if so, when will you begin going after it?  These are all the same questions I have asked myself a million times, and there are millions of people asking the very same question each and every day.  It breaks my heart when I see someone who is struggling with these questions because I just want to reach out and do what I can to help them out, but they need to want the help and more importantly they need to understand that there is more to life then just getting up in the morning to repeat what has become common place to them.  I know how tough life can be at times, but more often than not the reason we go through tough times is because we have yet to realize that the majority of tough times are things that we have brought on ourselves by our own words and thoughts.  If you believe as I do that you are a divine creation and that there is nothing that God has created that is not perfect from the get go, then you must also realize that perfection awaits you in regards to your destiny and walking in that destiny.  Just think how thrilling it would be if each morning that you got up you knew that you would be doing the one thing that makes you happiest in this life.  You would have a smile on your face that would never come off and you would share your joy, peace, and happiness with as many people as you possibly could.  Joy, peace, and happiness are infectious, and if you don't believe me, just look at some of the people you hang out with, or those who you don't want to be within ten feet of because of their caustic personality.

Walking in your destiny is like that Christmas morning many years ago when you could not wait to see what was beneath the tree.  You just knew you would get what you asked for because you had faith. Well it is that same kind of faith you must display when it comes to walking in your destiny.  Open up the present with your name on it, and see what is inside.  Go ahead and scream and shout with joy because you got the gift of your dreams.  The gift of your destiny is as simple as opening up the package and taking out what is inside.  You can have received the most excellent gift in the world, but if you don't take it out of the box what good is it to you?  It is time to take this great gift and use it in the way that it was fashioned for you to use it.  You have asked for your destiny a million times in the past, but you have missed the answers to your request.   Lucky for you Spirit is patient and will continue to offer you packages to open and use what is inside.  Excitement, that is what you need each day.  Excitement that says I get to do this and there is nothing better in the world then what I get to do.  That is your destiny and that is what you were created to do.  Go ahead and open the box, look inside, pull out what is inside and know that your life will be different from this point forward if you will just take your destiny out of the box and use it.  The gift of destiny is what you have been crying out for and now you will have what you have desired for sometime now.  Enjoy the moment, and then get out there and help others discover what is in their box.






No comments:

Post a Comment