Monday, November 7, 2011

True Destiny, If Life is a journey why go it alone?

What a wild last few days. I had the privilege of attending an Expo this past Friday and had a wonderful conversation with a young lady about her Destiny. The conversation was so full of energy that I could hardly contain myself. During this event I had the opportunity to speak to numerous people about my book, and each of them was so inspired, that I walked away with a renewed purpose and finally had to realize that the time has come to get his damn book published and out to the public so they can experience it. I have been doing quite a bit of soul searching the last few months. Now most of you who have taken the time to read this blog know what my goals and desires are. I want to be the Pied Piper of Destiny. The desire to see everyone walk in their destiny is what drives and motivates me. There is nothing in this world that I would rather be doing then encouraging people to discover their destiny and feel the elation of walking in it. To that end I have come to some conclusions that have been a long time coming, but as they say better late than never. I was at a Networking event on Thursday and ran into a Life Coach who really forced me to look at where I was and what I wanted to do. She forced me to look at my situation and the old adage came to the forefront "Physician Heal thyself". I have been so focused on helping others achieve their destiny, that I have let mine take a back seat but the time has come to put it to the front of the line. My failure to put me first, although done with good intentions, has in fact made it impossible for others to listen to my story and thereby walkout their destiny. Now that was an eye opener, and I had to take pause and realize that I was wrong in doing it.
I have also come to the conclusion that there is no time like the present to press forward and begin to put into place the dreams that reside inside of me. In doing this now, I will be able to help others realize their dreams and help them begin to walk them out. I was thinking about all that I want to accomplish and why I want to accomplish it. I was also thinking about the countless people out in the world who are still mired down in jobs they hate, situations that are taking them down to the pit of despair, and lives that seem to be dark and lonely. God that is a miserable place to be, and having been there numerous times in my life, I would do anything to get people out of it.
Ok so let me focus for a moment and see if I can't bring some clarity to what I am trying to say. Stagnation and complacency are killers. It can kill a dream faster than poo poo through a goose. I for one never want to be stuck in one place too long. Now don't get me wrong, there are times when we need to step back and have some time just to smell the coffee. But there are people out there who haven't moved in years. They are frozen in fear and uncertainty. They know they need to do something different, but there is something that keeps them planted without the ability to move forward. It is these people who need to hear the message of destiny. It is these people who need to be uplifted and shown the way. It is these people who need a word of encouragement and a pat on the back that says things will be fine and there is hope, ever increasing hope for the future and for their dreams to come into being. Nothing worse then laying on your death bed and you go through the "Should of, could of, would of". Life is too short not to tackle your dreams and go after what truly makes you happy.
I spoke earlier of the conversation that I had with this young lady about what she truly has in her heart to accomplish. This young lady is a lawyer and yet her passion rest in the area of Animal Activism. Now that is something that the rest of the world would most likely look at and think what a waste of an education. Well sure you can think that, but I rather think that it is a waste of life not to go after the dreams in your heart, and education be damned. I would rather be active in an area of passion than be bogged down in a job that brings me no joy, excitement, or feeling of accomplishment. When it's all said and done we only have one life, and life is too important not to go after all that is in our heart to do. Might I suggest that now is the time to think hard on what is important to us, and go after it with all we have inside of us. I would rather work in an area that brings me satisfaction and feelings of worth, then work a position simply because it brings in vast amounts of money. Money can not by happiness, but working in a job that brings joy and happiness is worth more than all the money in the world.
We need to take a good look at what makes us truly happy and settle for nothing less. It's time we put our dreams out for all to know, and maybe someone will step up and ask you how they can help you achieve your dreams. I know that my desire is to help everyone achieve their dreams. If I never made a cent helping someone achieve a level of success, that would be fine with me. The satisfaction of helping someone discover their destiny is priceless to me. The ability to help someone achieve a long desired dream is what makes me smile each and every day. The ability to walk with someone in their destiny is what we all should be striving for.
It's never too late to change. It's never to late to start over, and it's never to late to go after your dreams. Begin today to understand that you have the right to have your hearts desires. Only you can stop you from getting where you want to be. Never give up and never say never.

No comments:

Post a Comment