Friday, December 17, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

Yes I was a sluggard yesterday and opted to miss my post. In actuality I was helping my daughter move, and never had the chance so you will have to forgive me and allow me to make up for it today. Well whether you chose to forgive is a matter for you to decide, I feel no ill will for those who chose not to, and I feel fine having missed a day.

I want to take a moment and pat myself on the back as I have finished up with all my pre-christmas activities, cooking, baking, wrapping etc. I normally don't finish up with everything until Christmas Eve, and each year I tell myself I will do better the next year, and for the first time, I did better this year. There is a down side to all of this, that being I am bored out of my ever living mind right now, lol. It got so bad that I even baked another batch of sugar cookies to share with guest who come to the house. Now that is pathetic, but we do what we need to do to get through the day. I guess one can only watch so many Christmas Movies on the Hallmark Channel before going stark raving mad.

As we creep ever closer to the Christmas weekend I am reminiscent of Christmas past, and wondering how this Christmas will measure up to other ones, and will the real spirit of Christmas make its way to my humble abode? I have been through a very trying year, and I look forward to 2011 as a break out year, one that will be much better then the previous few years. I think we often wonder what the future has in store for us, and most of the time we are hopeful and look at the future with joyful anticipation of what is heading down the pike. I was so happy to have some time with my sister the last few days, and as is customary she was a huge help at getting to look at my situation and not letting it get me down. Everyone needs someone like that in their life, and if you are missing such a person in your life, maybe a letter to Santa asking for it on Christmas day should be high on your list of things to do today. I can not put a price on the sound advice she has given me, and I will be heeding her advice on many things during the upcoming year.

As great as this time of year is, there are many people out there who look at it with dread, and can't wait for it to get over. The experts will tell you that there are many more cases of depression and suicide during the holiday season. I think we put so much pressure on people to be part of the festivities and get into the "Christmas Spirit", that we forget that there is hopelessness out there and many are falling under the pressure of it. I guess my wish for all people out there dealing with such pressure is that they would have an opportunity to get a release from this overpowering feeling of dread, and experience peace and tranquility. When one is depressed it is so difficult to pull yourself out of it, and try as you might there are times when it appears that there is no end to the lonely, lost, almost debilitating feeling that surrounds you. I have been in this position more than once in my life, and if I never have to go there again, I will be very very happy about that. Know this my friends; you have people all around you who want nothing more than the best for you. They are there to help you through thick and thin. They are there to hold your hand if needed. They are there to be your protector and guardian when all others have left you alone and you are wondering what is going on. Reach out to those in your life who you know are there for you and ask them for help. Many people feel loneliness during this time of year. A feeling that no one cares for you and that you are all alone in this huge world. You are not alone in what you are feeling and you need to know that friends and loved ones are there to help you through anything you might be going through.

I learned a long time ago that I can't do it all by myself. I would like to think that I am good enough, smart enough, and strong enough to get through anything life has to throw at me. I had to learn first hand that I am not a Super Human God type who can over come all things, walk on water, faster than a speeding locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I need others who can help me through difficult times, and I am thankful that I do have them in my life. Each of us need to know our limits, and each of us need to know how to ask for help when we are in those dire places where we feel alone and vulnerable.

One final thought: If this time of year has you down then do yourself a favor and surround yourself with those you know love you, care for you, and otherwise bring joy into your life. An idol mind is a dangerous thing to let control you. Distractions from the routine can often lead to enjoyable times, and it is during those times when we can forget about the less than thrilling times in our life. It's hard to be down when you wear a smile on your face. So get out there and enjoy this blessed season. Christmas comes but once a year, but the spirit of Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men should last a lifetime. Think about it........

No comments:

Post a Comment