Wednesday, December 15, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

Uplifting and inspiring are the thoughts that first came to mind as I was watching a video on youtube this morning. It's called "A Different Christmas Poem". If you get the opportunity looked it up and take a gander. If you are able to keep a dry eye then you are better than me. Wait I take that back, if you can keep a dry eye you are either dead from the neck up or have no heart. It is one of the most touching, heart tugging things I have seen in a long long time. Most of you know that I spent many years wearing the uniform of the United States Air Force. To me it is one of the biggest honors I have ever had in my life. Representing the Air Force was something that I took very seriously and to this day the time I spent in the service to our great nation were some of the best times of my life. I can remember being away from my home town during the holiday season. My first Christmas away from my family was difficult, but I was not alone in these feelings as I had numerous friends serving with me in the same boat. I am very aware of our service members who are serving on distant shores away from family, friends, and loved ones. The dedication they show this country can never be questioned. The pride they take in what they do is beyond reproach and each of us owe them a debt of gratitude.

We are so privileged to live in this great nation of ours. Through the times of war and discourse the men and women of our armed forces have served this nation proudly and we are here today because of the many sacrifices each member of our military has made in the past. I will support anyone and any business that supports our troops. Did you realize that the Sears Roebuck Company is currently taking care of those Sears Associates called up to active duty by holding open their positions, keeping all their benefits in place and if what they make in the military is not what they were making in their job, Sears is making up the difference. Now that is a company where I will spend my dollars and I encourage each of you to buy at least one item from Sears this holiday season and while doing that let the store manager know why you are buying from them. I love seeing the commercials on television that honor our troops during this time of year. I encourage each of you to thank our troops anytime you run into them, not only during this special time of year, but at any time. Our troops don't do what they do because they make a ton of money. They do what they do because they love this country and are willing to lay down their life in the defense of this great country.

If you have an opportunity to run into a service person this holiday season why not do something special for them. Take them to lunch, buy them a drink, or just thank them for what they are doing. A little appreciation will go a long way. Most will shy away from this type of display, but that doesn't mean they wont appreciate it. Honor those who honor this country with the ultimate sacrifice. Give them the honor they deserve and see if it doesn't put a smile on their face and a tear in your eye. God Bless our American Fighting Man and God Bless the United States of America.


No comments:

Post a Comment