Thursday, November 4, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

It's a cold November morning here in Maine. Cloudy and rain is sure to start any minute. The year is coming to an end and so begins the process of looking back at the current year and wondering what the next year has in store for us. This is a process that most of us undertake at the same time each year, with the same results. We often wonder where the time has gone and what did we do with the time we had. Now there have been good days throughout the past year and there have also been bad days. For many the good out numbered the bad, but for others they can't say the same thing. I think my year was right down the middle, at least that is my perception right now. As I look back at my year I am filled with joy and happiness for one reason and one reason only; I'm still here. It doesn't matter if everything went right or if some things went wrong. It doesn't matter if I accomplished everything I set out to do or if there is still some unfinished business. It just doesn't matter!

What matters most is that I look forward to the next year because I still have unfulfilled dreams and desires. I am so thankful that I get to do it all over again. I am alive and it doesn't get much better than that. You to are alive and there's nothing that can top that. You can take it one day at a time and see where your journey takes you. It is only when we stop moving forward that we get down and start wanting to quit. No one ever said life was easy, and if they did I would wonder what other planet they came from. We are never going to go through life without the constant ups and downs. Life just isn't that simple. Shy of locking yourself up in a 12 by 12 room and never coming out, we are all going to be faced with difficulties and challenges in our daily lives. Why? Because we choose to live, and we choose to move forward each day and not just bury our heads in the sand and give up.

I am such a believer in this thing I call "True Destiny". Now call me crazy, as many often do, but I can't and won't give up on my dreams, and there is nothing I won't say or do to get you not to give up on yours. Ladies and Gentlemen why in the world would you go through all the stuff we are faced with each day, and we all know it is pretty lousy at times, and not want the good stuff at the end? If you have an unfulfilled dream in your life why aren't you going after it? Oh let me guess, some jerk somewhere said it was a stupid dream? No wait, another idiot said you could never get it done? Oh yea, it wasn't in the cards, that's what your friend said to you. Well friends who say things like that shouldn't be your friends. You need to surround yourself with people who will speak life to each situation and be there to pick you up if you fall. We are all going to fail from time to time. Friends are there to comfort you when you fall and tell you it will be all right. Now I don't want my friends to sugar coat everything. I want them to be truthful to me. If I am going down the wrong path please tell me. If I have been blinded by greed or conceit, tell me. Trust me I am not motivated by greed, those who know me know this to be true. I would give away my last dollar to someone in need.

As we begin to close out 2010 and look toward 2011 do me a favor; don't quit! Each of us has to determine the destiny that resides in each of us. Go after that destiny with everything you have. You have heard me say this quote numerous times in the past but I shall use it once more. "I would rather attempt something great and fail then attempt nothing at all and succeed." There are no stupid dreams when they are your dreams. Dreams come from the heart and the heart can only speak truth. Start digging down deep and let's find your destiny. I will take this walk with you and together we will put you on your path to happiness and joy as you determine your destiny.



No comments:

Post a Comment