Sunday, June 13, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

What's the old adage, you ride the horse til she bucks you? Or better yet, when you fall off that horse, you need to climb back on. Either way, life has a way of taking us down, and if we refuse to fight, we lose. As you can tell It has been some time since I posted, no excuses except life has a way of happening. But I am back in the saddle so to speak and it's time once again to focus and pass on words of encouragement and insights that just might make your journey a little more pleasurable.

I have had a series of set backs lately, and even though I would like to have tossed it all in I realized that there was more that needed to be done in my life and I wasn't going to let the Bastards get me down. Forgive the profanity, but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade and forget about Political Correctness. If I have learned one thing in life it is that life will go on with or without me, and I for one want to be part of the future. A future I might add that is bright, full of promise and with endless possibilities. I have known very few people in my life who have not been faced with roadblocks, hurdles, and set-backs. In the same token I have known countless people who have rolled over on life and just called it quits at the first sign of adversity. The question you have to ask yourself is what type of person do you want to be. There is always the chance that something that is important to you will not be of any significance to someone else. What turns your crank, may not trip their trigger. But do you really care what others may think or do? If your vision is truly your vision, then it shouldn't mean a tinker's who-rah what others think. Yea sure we want other people's approval, but what happens when you don't get it, and you still haven't completed your task in life? Forget about what others think and move forward to your high calling. In my book I use a quote I heard almost 30 years ago, wish I could tell You where it came from, but I can't. The quote goes like this, "I would rather attempt something great and fail, then attempt nothing at all and succeed." We are never going to be successful at everything. Oh sure, we would like to think we will be, but let's be real, it isn't likely to work out that way. So let's realize that failure in what ever form, in what ever degree, is going to come to all of us sooner or later. Sidebar; if you haven't experienced failure to date in your life, consider yourself fortunate, because it's not likely you will continue on that path forever. Anyway, failure is an opportunity to rethink, redo, or otherwise take another whack at things. The key to failure is that you don't give up and you don't let the "Bastards" get you down. Ok sorry for the gutter talk again, I will try not to let that happen again.

So what's the next step? That's simple to answer. You just take the next step, maybe a baby step, maybe a huge leap of faith, but a step none-the-less. Again let me say, we only fail when we quit. We only fail when we don't move forward after a trial. And we only fail if we high tail it away because of adversity. Never give up and never give in. Life is indeed a journey, and as I have said so so so many times in the past, and undoubtedly many times to come in the future, never, never, never go it alone. Think about it............

No comments:

Post a Comment