Sunday, May 31, 2020

Ode to Spring.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/182229932@N07/49014103951
Kind of a weird title for this week's blog, but since this is the start of my summer hiatus, I didn't want to imply an ode to summer, signifying it is over, so instead opted to say good-bye to spring, and hello to my three months of rest and relaxation.  Truth be told there will not be a whole lot of rest and relaxation as my editor has my book and I'm having to go through that process, and my husband and I are buying a house.  I'm not complaining, I love both getting another book out and buying a house, but that limits the rest and relaxation just a tad.

As is my custom I generally take June through August off from writing and speaking engagements.  We all need time to recharge, and I am no different than anyone else.  This period each year allows me to simply let go of things, and take some time to simply reflect, dream, and more than anything just enjoy many of the simple things in life. That being said, I didn't want to leave without providing you some words of encouragement, show some love, and more than anything, thank each you for taking the time to read this each week.  Authors should never take their audience for granted, and I assure you that I don't.  If only one person read my blog, or bought my books, I would still do what I do each week.  Besides it being therapeutic for me, I simply enjoy the daylights out of it.  I say I won't write for three months, but occasionally I will post a surprise blog, simply because I find it difficult to stay away too long.

What I want to share with you today are simple words meant to encourage you, inspire you, and motivate you.  First, know that you have all the talent, all the hutzpah, all the ability to do and be what you were always intended to be.  We have the tendency to discount some of our abilities at times, in light of what we see other people do, but that can never be a distraction to you.  Even if someone else has the same mission in life as you, there will always be differences because each of you are different.  Don't get wrapped up in who is doing what, and why.  You follow your heart, and let things evolve as they need to evolve.  Second, know that inspiration comes from within, from the heart.  Certainly others can inspire us to do new things, but without a total buy-in from the core of your being, full inspiration just can't happen.  Your gifts, your talents were placed in you to equip you to be the person you were always meant to be, doing the things you were always intended to do, and to touch the lives of others, that had to or need to be touched by you.  There are no coincidences in this universe.  You were placed here to do something, if you still haven't figured out what that something is, now is the time to discover your purpose.

Motivation is what we sometimes lack.  Motivation is something that many will search for from time to time, but seems to be in short supply, especially when things may not be going according to plan, or when we run into a road block.  I want to motivate you to simply step out into things, and let the perfection of the universe take you the rest of the way.  Now don't think there won't be a need for effort on your part.  What I mean is that what has to happen will happen, and what needs to be done will be done, because that is how the universe operates.  That being said, better to be an active part in it all, then simply responding to what may or may not happen.  I get how we loose motivation at times because of some of the things we face on a daily basis.  I get how it's easier to simply put things on the back burner and wait things out.  I even understand that there are times when we just want to bury our heads in the sand, and not come out until things settle down.  I encourage you to fight these feelings and thoughts.  Nothing is ever going to be accomplished if we just sit back and hope things change for us.

We are living in difficult times, and there is so much going on right now, not all good.  No matter what might be going on around you, there is still something that you have to do.  Number one on the list of things to do is don't loose heart.  Contrary to what might be happening, you still have a part to play in life.  It would be easy to simply sit back and wait for things to settle down, but what if what you have is what others need?  If you don't do your part, then there will be others who will be unable to accomplish their part.  We might feel as though we only have a small part to play in the total scheme of things, but your small part might be the catalyst that someone else needs to catapult themselves into their destiny.  In this crazy universe of ours, all things are interconnected.  All things work together, and sadly certain things work against us.  Your role is to add energy, good energy to the things around you.  Your charge is to be the best YOU that you can be.  Your authentic you, your unique you, that is what the rest of humanity needs, and it is what makes you who you are.

As I prepare to relax, or attempt to relax for the next three months, I know that this is the time that I need to recharge.  Each of us need those times to recharge our battery, to fill our own bodies with love and light.  I challenge each of you to take a few moments, no matter how long those moments might be, to rest in your beauty.  I encourage you to rest in the knowledge that things are going to work out.

Writing this last blog before my hiatus is always bitter sweet.  As much as I love writing I know that I need this time away, if for no other reason then to unwind.  Remember this: taking time for you is a necessary step in your evolution.  Gestation is a natural process in life, and if you are ever going to birth the things you were intended to bring forth, you need this period of development.  I always know that when I start up wring again in early September that I will have gained some valuable information that I will share with you.  Now maybe this info is just for me, but I always seem to see how it applies to others, and I always intend to share with you what I learn about me.  I know that my three months will be busy with other things, but I also know that I will look forward to September coming as well.  Have a remarkable summer, and know that I send you all the love I have to give.  Rest in your perfection, walk in your love, and share the best of who you are with others.  You have so much to offer, and people are waiting patiently for what you have for them.  Reach out anytime to me, and I will respond, that I promise you.  Until September!!


No comments:

Post a Comment