Monday, August 3, 2015

There comes a time...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69065182@N00/10440016596
There comes a time in every one's life when decisions have to be made, things have to be done, and things also fall into place.  Maybe I'm being a little introspective today as I celebrate the anniversary of my birth, or  maybe it's that thoughts have been running through my mind at speeds unable to be calculated.  Who knows, maybe I'm just wanting to tell you that things are going to work out OK, so stop worrying about it.

I have been re-reading a book that I have come to love and each time I read it I learn more about myself, my history, and to a large extent my future.  What has really come into focus during this read is the significance of my Infinite Spirit, and just how powerful I am because of my spirit.  I will readily admit that it was only a few years ago that I never gave much thought to the word infinite, nor to the word immortal.  Today however I see both of these things differently, and I have changed because of my acceptance of who and what I am. This is a change or an awareness that I desire each of you to take hold of.  As the quote from Anne Frank above says, many of the things that form you come from your own hands, or in some cases your own thoughts and feelings.

I can talk about being an infinite being until the cows come home, but until such time as you accept this premise, I am only spouting off words that will fall to the ground to be kicked about like a can down the street.  Our spirit is eternal.  Our spirit is going to live on until the end of time.  Our spirit is as they say going to be around forever.  Here's what I want you to think about today, just what does forever mean?  To me forever means never going to end.  It means that it will be present, in some form or another until there is nothing else.  But let me for a moment also point out that forever means both yesterday and tomorrow.  When we talk about forever we almost always think about the future.  What many often overlook is that forever is just as much about past moments as it is about future.  Let me be more clear:  your spirit has always been and will always be.  When the Universe was created so to was your spirit.  You cannot have a forever in just one direction.  If we were created in God's image, then isn't it only logical to accept that if God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, that our spirit is the same.  If we were created in God's image, then isn't it also logical to accept that we have the ability to change our circumstances simply by accepting the greatness we already have within us?

As I celebrate my birthday today I am so aware of what a year means.  I look at the past year, and boy did it go by quickly.  I look ahead to this next year, and my expectations are that it to will pass quickly, but I also think how tiny a year is in respect to the total time my spirit has been.  A year when looked at in perspective of forever is almost too small to calculate.  What I love most about my birthday is that I get to see it up close and personal, but at the same time I get to realize that I will never not have a birthday.  I will be celebrating my birthday until there are no more tomorrows, until time as we know it and understand it, runs out.

Being an eternal being is so awesome.  We get to be around forever.  Certainly our form will change at one time or another, but our spirit, our true essence will never change, and it will be around for a long long time.  We have within us an entity that has been around the block a time or two, and brings with it knowledge, experience, and insight.  Why in heavens name would someone want to discount this awesome presence, and why would someone discount the significance of their own spirit?  There comes a time when you are just going to have to accept that you are not really what you always thought you were.  Here's the great thing, you are so much better then you ever gave yourself credit for.  You are eternal, you are infinite, and you my dear friends are special beyond words.  


When you take the time to think about your true essence, when you take the time to really try to understand the meaning of forever, then you will begin to understand the perfection of your design, and the reason you are here right now.  Having an understanding of infinite will change you in ways you may not yet understand.  Accepting that you are infinite will change you in ways you will find hard to fathom.  Walking in the infinite, will excite you in ways that you never thought possible.  

It's funny, but somehow birthdays don't seem to bother me all that much, in terms of getting older.  Heck in terms of forever, I'm am still just a very young person.  There will come a time when you realize that you are no longer ruled by time, because time has no end, as you have no end.  Certainly the time will come when we will leave this body of ours, but as I have said before this body is simply a shell.  Your true essence is your spirit, and this is what you should be showing to those around you each and every day.  We are incredible because our spirit is incredible.  We are infinite because our spirit is infinite.  We are eternal because our spirit will live forever.  Now if that does not give you reason to celebrate I don't know what will.  Get out there and celebrate your unlimited abilities, and your infinite self.  Celebration will do a body good.  






1 comment:

  1. Yes, we're celebrating our "unlimited abilities",infinite possibilities", and eternal life especially on our birthdays... Happy Birthday, Scott! Blessings and Love always. :) <3

    ReplyDelete