Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Discovering the real you. It's so much better then you might think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37726734@N04/4245458351
Look in a mirror, what is being reflected back at you?  If you do not see the most beautiful, the most fascinating, the most radiant person that you know, then you are missing out on something huge.  If you can't see what is meant to be seen, how could you expect others to see what you probably want most in life.  Let's be real, most of us want others to see us as something almost magical, something beyond description, something of worth, value, and ultimately something worth fighting for.

Here's where most people fall into trouble:  they desire for others to see in them, what they are unable or unwilling to see in themselves.  The question then must be asked: why are they unable to see in themselves those things that are fundamentally theirs to hold?  I mean, why is it so difficult to accept who and what you are?  Is it vain to believe that you are divine?  Is it crazy to realize that you are first and foremost a spiritual being?  Is it so self-centered to hold as truth that you are an amazing creation who has the ability to manifest anything you desire?

I have come to the conclusion that as much as I desire everyone to know who they are, there are going to be those who simply refuse to change their opinion of themselves, and because of this, they will miss out on some pretty remarkable things in their life.  Are you going to be one of the unlucky ones who simply wander through life always wondering why things didn't quite work out as planned?  Will you be like others before you who simply accepted that life was supposed to be filled with unfortunate events, and no matter what course you chose to take, it ultimately was never going to lead anywhere?  If you will take some time to discover the real you, the unique you, the amazing you, then I assure you that all the missed opportunities that others feel so deeply, you will in fact see them as not having been missed, and open up to the possibilities that await you.

Is it easy to discover the "real you" some might ask?  Let me answer a question with a question:  is it easier to go through life not knowing who you are, or knowing with certainty why you are here and why you are you?  If you can't answer why you are you and why you are here, then I will say that you do not know the real you, and if you do not know the real you, then times will challenge you in a way that knocks you off your path.

When was the last time you got up in the morning simply knowing that things were as they were meant to be, and that this was going to be a day like no other?  When was the last time you could confidently say that you were in the right place at the right time?  When was the last time you just knew that you loved being you and that you had something to offer the rest of humanity?  I got up this morning knowing that I was in that right place, and that I was blessed beyond measure.  I can feel the divine in my life, thus feeling divine in all that I do.  This statement is not made from a point of conceit, but rather from a position of knowing the beauty of my existence, and the splendor of my creator.  This is the point where I desire each and everyone of you to be in.

Discovering the real you is laying an ax to the conditioning of man and not simply rolling over and accepting what others tell you is normal in life.  Discovering the real you is what will free you from the chains that may have bound you up for many years.  Discovering the real you will allow you to look at each day as an opportunity to teach others, love others, and touch others in a way that will change their life forever.

How great would your life be right now if you knew that you knew that you were doing what was intended for you to do at the time of your birth?  How many people do you know who can say this, and how many times have you wanted to say this for yourself?  I know what it's like to cry out to God just wanting to know there was more to this life then what I had experienced thus far.  I knew there were thoughts and feelings inside of me that just knew there was more to life, more to love, more to touching the lives of others in a way that would fundamentally change the way they saw their own life.  Until such time as I was able to accept who and what I was, it was impossible for me to fully comprehend what I wanted to do in this life.  I took the time to meditate on the real me.  I studied and studied, and then I studied some more.  Was it all smooth roads?  I wish I could say yes, but there were many twist and turns, but I am at a point right now where I am confident that no matter what might come my way, I will navigate my path and ultimately end up where I was intended to end up.

As our company logo states, "Life is a journey of discovery", and with each discovery comes answers.  With each answer doors are opened, and with each open door opportunity knocks.  Are you at a point in your life where you want to discover more?  Are you at a point in your life where you are ready to take the next step, and in beginning your journey realize that life is about to improve for you and those around you immeasurably?

It is time to discover the real you.  It is time to forget what others expect and simply follow your heart.  Your life is yours, and only yours.  Certainly you will have an affect on others, but that will only happen when the real you comes out to play.  Think about it this way: you can have fun with life, or life is simply going to have fun with you.  Which one makes more sense?  It is time to discover the real you, and it's time to accept just how great you are.  There is nothing wrong with understanding your greatness, do it with humility, but do it.  There is a huge difference with knowing your greatness covered in humility, and simply parading your arrogance around for others to see.  Forget the latter, and own who you really are.  I will tell you this, knowing the real you will change your life for the better, and the better you are, the better the rest of the world will be.  Think about that and let the journey begin.


1 comment:

  1. It's exciting knowing who we are and sharing that Divine love and light with the world. :) Thanks for writing this blog, Scott. :)

    ReplyDelete