Monday, November 17, 2014

Just imagine it, but please play responsibly!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tsand/4711709883
Let's admit it: most of us have done it.  We have bought that lottery ticket when the craze has hit and there are 500 million reasons to lay down your money and just imagine.  All of a sudden there are dreams of what you would do with such a huge payout.  Pay off this debt, buy this new thing, take care of friends and family. The list is almost endless and if you don't think this is what will happen then you are in fantasy land.  It is almost impossible not to let your imagination run wild when you plop down your money, pick your numbers, and grab your winning ticket.  No sooner have you parted with the two or three dollars and the imagination runs rampant.  I'm not finding fault with this, I get caught up in the craze just like so many others, and yes my imagination runs wild when I buy my ticket.

What I want to tell you this morning is that the imagination you have when you purchase this little ticket is the same imagination you have to really manifest the things you want in life, and the odds of you getting what you want are far better then the odds of winning the lottery.

I know people who are so bent on winning the lottery that they have placed all of their hopes and dreams on it, and until such time as their winning numbers come in, have placed all of their hopes and dreams on hold.  Now this I do find fault with.  You mean to tell me that the only way you will ever have the things you want, do the things you want, is if you just so happen to be the lucky one out of a gazillion people to pick the right sequence of numbers?  Now that is lunacy, and if that hurts a bit to hear it, good.  Imagining what you will do when you win is fine, but imagining what you can do in the mean time is far better, and that imagination will make it so the need to win the lottery never comes into play.

I've written about imagination in the past, but something told me to bring it up again today, and this time really make the pitch to get you to begin to imagine what you want in life, and then take the steps to bring life to those things in your imagination.

One of the great things about imagination is that it's limitless.  I mean, there really is no end to it.  Imagination is not limited by your station in life.  It is not limited to the genealogy you were born into, or the place you come from.  Imagination comes from you inner-self, and it is in this place that dreams are born, dreams are realized, and winning life's lottery is very possible and real.  Someone, somewhere said that if you can imagine it you can have it.  I tend to fall into this group, and I find that I am far more optimistic by holding on to this belief.  Besides it sure beats the alternative of only seeing the negative in things, and simply waiting around for your numbers to come in.

You have choices when it comes to imagining things.  You can choose to think about things that will bring you happiness and contentment.  You can imagine a day when you are walking fully in your destiny, fulfilling your purpose in life.  You can imagine a world free from conflict.  A world that knows nothing of poverty, nothing of sickness, and nothing about being the big kid on the block.  On the other side of the coin, you can imagine always being a little late to something, always a little short on needed cash, or just a tiny speck away from getting to where you want to be on life's stage.  Your imagination is the generator of your future, so with that in mind, what serves you better: thinking or dreaming good things, or always waiting for the other shoe to drop?

When I write I imagine the people opening up to my words, and changing what they may have done in the past, allowing for a brighter future.  I imagine those that I speak to being freed up to pursue those things in life that they have only dreamt about, and maybe for the first time walk toward their hearts desire.  I imagine all this, not because I have to, but because I am drawn to it.  The things I see in my imagination are the things that I want to feel. They are the things that I want to do, and they are the things that I was placed here to fulfill.  Imagination is not for the "gee I hope this happens someday" crowd.  Imagination is for those who truly want to walk in what life was designed for them to walk in.  Imagination is for those who desire to be a catalyst for change, for good, and for all those who need what you have, but haven't found a way to get it yet.

Imagine doing what you always dreamt of doing.  Imagine having what you always wanted to have.  Imagine the home you want to live in, the car you want to drive, the country you always wanted to visit.  Now let me ask you this:  if you had to place odds on obtaining that house, that car, or seeing that country verses winning the power ball, which one is better odds for you?

Your imagination is a valuable gift to yourself.  Your imagination are the things that dreams are made of.  I can imagine winning millions of dollars from the lottery, but I can also imagine what life will be like in the meantime walking in my destiny and doing the things I love to do.  Certainly I would take the 500 million dollars, I'm not a fool, but I much prefer being the writer and speaker that I am.  So imagine what you want, but be responsible and don't be flipped.  Your imagination is as real as you will allow it to be, so think on good things.  Your numbers will come up, just make sure they are the ones you really, really want.




No comments:

Post a Comment