Thursday, July 3, 2014

Never go it alone, never ever!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stillburning/463332611
Many hands make light work.  I heard this saying many years ago, but in truth never really put two and two together until a few years ago how important this phrase would turn out to be in my life.

If you're like most people, and I will include myself in this category, we have been taught that if it's worth having it's worth working for.  Regrettably we've also been taught that the real strength of a person is how they tackle the hard issues in life.  In tackling these issues somehow there has been a disconnect in as much as we try to do it all alone without the assistance of others.  This happens when we feel as though what ever victory we might experience is somehow diminished if someone else was around giving us a hand.  First, that is crap with a capital C.  Second, and you have all heard me say this before, this journey we call life should never be tackled alone and if you do then you are dumber that dog poop.  Trying to keep it clean for those younger ones who might be reading this.  My point is this:  stop being an idiot and invite others to share in your adventures.  Certainly they may only be there as observers, but at the same time, they may also be able to add something to the equation and make what is required to be done a whole lot more enjoyable in the process.

I have a very small, very select group of people who I go to when I need advice.  Now I have lots of acquaintances, but only a small cadre of those who I really go to when things are less than perfect. It's not that I don't like people around me, but I choose to share with those who are of like mind.  I do not need people around me who are going to prove contrary to what I am trying to accomplish.  At the same time I need those who are in my inner circle to understand that I need, want, and expect their total honesty when they give me advice.  I don't need a bunch of yes people who try to tell me those things that they think I want to hear.  I want to know where the bear craps in the woods and I definitely don't need things sugar coated.  I have no ego to bruise so I want them to be frank and honest with me in every conversation we have.  I have large visions and dreams, and I know that those people who I have entrusted with my visions and dreams share each of them, and have taken ownership of them as well.  The people you bring into your inner circle must do the same for you or quite frankly you are wasting your time with them.  Certainly they can still be friends, but confidants, I think not.  Why would you want to surround yourself with people who are only going to tell you what you want to hear, people who will only say things so that you can feel good about yourself?   Once again this is a load of crap, and if you go around stepping in crap all day long it won't take long for people to keep their distance from you.

There was a time when I could not stand having anyone help me in any manner.  My thoughts were that this would take away from what I was going to be recognized for.  Today, well lets just say that I will give credit where credit is due, and I hope that there are more people receiving credit for what gets done then me.  I cannot accomplish the things that I desire to accomplish by myself, nor do I desire to do it all myself.  It's not that I am not able to do it all, I simply don't want to.  I want to bring those around me to a place where their part in my dreams and visions will be the stepping stones they need to accomplish their own dreams and visions.  I am more than happy to stand in the wings and let others reap the glory for what gets done.  My focus is on getting the message out about destiny and seeing as many people as possible step out in their destiny.  If others around me in our organization are recognized for this, does it really matter?  If my focus is on destiny, then should I really care who gets the credit for helping others discover their destiny?  I will take any assistance in getting out my story, so if you are reading this and desire to help, please, please, please get a hold of me and let me know.  I will gladly take you up on your offer of assistance.

We are stronger when we work together.  There is a passage in the Bible that says a cord of three stands is not easily broken.  The more people you have working with you on your journey the greater the likelihood you will succeed.  Don't misunderstand, I am not saying that you will fail if you do it yourself, but why not let many hands make light work?  Why not bring others along on your journey and in doing so you are helping them step closer to their destiny.  Seems to me that this is a win-win proposition, and one that I would think on long and hard.  I often think of those people who have tried to do everything themselves.  You know the type, if they don't do it, it won't get done.  If they don't do it, then it won't get done right.  If you think like this then you suck as a manager type person.  Get off your high horse and realize that they is power in numbers and if you are willing to give credit when credit is due, then you will have an endless number of people who will be standing in line just waiting to have the chance to help you out.

Remember, your destiny is not about what glory comes to you, but rather the glory you send out to the rest of humanity.  One who truly understands their destiny is not going to be worried about who gets the glory.  If you are concerned about getting all the credit, then I would wonder if you really understand what your purpose is and even more important if you will ever walk in it.  Let those who desire to be a voice, be a voice to you.  Let those who desire to help you, help you.  If you have groupies who want to be everywhere you are, let them.  Obviously they see something in you, and I suspect that something is something they need.  Life is a journey and there is no reason what so ever to go it alone.  Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment