Friday, February 18, 2011

True Destiny; If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

Could it be that spring is really just around the corner? It was a beautiful day yesterday, first day that I went outside without a coat on in I don't know how long. It brought to mind a poem I heard many many years ago. It went something like this, "Spring spring beautiful spring, all the birds are on the wing. Oh my how absurd, I thought the wings were on the bird". Don't ask me why I remember that, just one of those things that refuses to get out of the memory banks. I like spring because for many of us it represents new life, and a time of refreshing and growth. Having survived another New England winter we all look forward to the first spring flowers, new leaves on the trees, and most of all warmth. I for one hate the cold and look forward to hot hot summer days. Besides that, I can lower my heating cost. I began writing this blog yesterday, but with such a beautiful day I spent as much time outside running errands that I never got the opportunity to finish it up, so I thought I better get right on it this morning.

I want to talk about intestinal fortitude or what I like to call "sticktoitiveness".. Let's see what spell checker does with that one, lol. We all have dreams and aspirations. We also have a knack for getting in over our heads from time to time, or falling behind the curve when it comes to accomplishing things. Face it, we are all human, and because of that we are going to either mess things up or miss opportunities from time to time. I really don't care what your dreams and goals are, I really don't. What I care about is that you go after them and never let some jerk talk you out of them, or make you feel as though your dreams are not important. I recently had a run in with an old friend. He got some news about me, none of which was true, and he jumped to conclusions that just weren't there. It was heated and I had to make the very difficult decision to cut him out of my life for a period of time. How Long that period will be is any one's guess, but for my own health and happiness I didn't need this distraction. Now I have no ill will toward this person. I hope and pray that he is happy, and that he ends up where he wants to be, and with who he wants to be with. I am however saddened by the fact that he let his own imagination run wild and ruin what could have been a life long friendship. Oh well Que Sara Sara. That being said I want nothing more for him than for him to have every dream of his come to fulfillment and that he walks in total happiness.

I think there are times in each of our lives when we want to take our pound of flesh. I mean just rip the piss out of someone and give them their just recompense. I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to wanting to rip some one's eyes out. Truth be told I may think about it, but rarely would I act upon it. It just isn't my nature and for that I am thankful. I guess I say all of that to say this; don't worry about what others think about you. You just focus on what you need to do each day and let the other distractions just roll off your back. If I worried about all the negative stuff that has been said about me over the years I would already have one foot in the grave. There are plenty enough people out there who are so miserable in their own life that the only joy they seem to get is making others more miserable then them. Don't fall into their trap and for goodness sake no follow in their foot steps. Life is too short to waste one moment of time or energy worrying about what others think about you or say about you. I am reminded of a plaque I used to read in one of the offices I used to work in while stationed in England for the Air Force. Now the Air Force was known for handing out "Attaboys". Do a good job, attaboy; do a good deed, attaboy. But the plaque said that one "Oh Shit" can wipe out a thousand "Attaboys". Such is true with what people say and do and how we react to it. If you just move forward and not worry about it, they can say all they want. But just once get all bogged down in some one's comment about you and you are stuck in a stationary position for what seems like eternity. Just don't do it, and don't give these people a second thought. Sooner or later they will realize the stupidity of their actions and if mature enough just may ask for forgiveness for what they have done. Ok I will get off my soapbox now.

In closing, life is exciting and it's time to jump into life with both feet. It's time to move forward, even if it's at a snails pace, and take what is yours in life. Dreams , aspirations, goals, and wants; we all have them and we all want them. It's time to pick up the pace and run this race we call life. It is often a marathon, but in marathons, you pace yourself and such are the things of life. Pace yourself and don't worry whether you are in the front, middle, or back of the pack. The fact remains you are in the race and that is all that really matters. Think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment