Monday, February 7, 2011

True Destiny; If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

A new week is upon us and my hope is that new avenues will be opening up very soon. I am not one for dwelling on the past, after all what is done is done so why not look to the future. I think we need to examine history, for as a wise man said, if we fail to look at it we are doomed to repeat it. Let me say this I do not want to repeat my most recent history, I would rather take a red hot iron to the eye then repeat the last two years. Even though the last season has been a difficult one, I am coming out of it stronger and more determined than ever. OK, maybe the last statement was a faith statement, but often that is all we have to hang our hat on.

I have often thought about just throwing in the towel and moving forward allowing my dreams to be just that, dreams. How much easier life would be for me if I just went out got a normal job and worked for the paycheck and nothing else. Times being what they are, most people would never think twice about doing just that. But like I have said so many times in the past I am not your normal person and doing that is not my style, nor my intent. Many many people are struggling right now, both from a financial standpoint and an occupational one. Many are locked in jobs they hate, with no hope of change. Many have no idea where next months rent is going to come from, nor how are they going to face the mounting bills on the kitchen table. Others are conflicted with what they know they should be doing verses what is taking place at the moment. We have all heard about conflict resolution, the who, what, where, when, why, and hows. Most of us realize that change needs to take place so we are in the right place at the right time. Others know what is in their heart, but somehow can figure out a way to get it out of the heart and onto the current scene. If things were that easy everyone would be doing it and there would be zero problems in the world. As is expected that is not the case and we are all faced with difficult situations and circumstances in our lives. How I handle a situation is undoubtedly going to be different from how others handle it. It doesn't make my way the right or wrong way, it just makes it my way of doing things. You are going to have your own way of doing things, some may agree with you others may not. I think these differences we have is what makes the world go round, and quite frankly what keeps us alive and different from each other.

I was watching one of the Superbowl commercials yesterday. I can't even remember what the product was, but what stood out in my memory was the background. Every person in the commercial except one was dressed identically, working in identical cubicals, in what seemed like identical jobs. The first thing that came to mind was how boring this world would be if we all lived this way. I don't want to be like anyone else, and I dare say no-one would really want to be like me. Individuality is the spice of life. But our differences are what make us special, and that is what makes the world go round. I don't expect others to tackle their problems the same way I attempt to tackle mine. Heck there are no right or wrong ways to handle the situations we may face from day to day. I would like to think that I have a pretty good handle on the things in my life, but know this, I will seek out assistance from others when I need it, and I hope they will be truthful in their advice and actions toward me. If I wanted to have fake and misleading advice I can get that on TV or through the tabloids. When I seek out information of any kind I am always looking for truthful and sincere advice.

When I wrote my book I didn't write it thinking it would have answers to all of life's questions. It was developed to give people an opportunity to begin the process of determining their destiny. It isn't going to give you a step by step, this is what I need to do to get ahead, kind of information. It was written to provoke you to take the next step and begin a journey that is sure to take you to places you have never been or even dreamt of. Contrary to what others may think, there is no Yellow Brick road to Oz when it pertains to getting what you are supposed to get out of life. There may be paths that have already been walked down that will lead you to a certain place that you need to be, but this journey is new every day, and the crossroads and turns we come up to will have to be navigated differently everyday.

One final thought: When faced with a difficult decision or situation, maybe it's time to circle the wagons, and let others be there to help you. There is power in numbers, and many hands make light work. Seek out assistance from those who know and love you. They will not always tell you what you want to hear, but they will tell you what you need. Think about it......


No comments:

Post a Comment