Monday, June 28, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

It's raining cats and dogs this morning, but without the rain what would we do? Had a wonderful weekend in Rochester New York. Went back home and saw friends who I hadn't seen in 32 years. It's always funny to go back to your childhood home and remember all the good times that took place there. They say you can never go back, not so sure I believe that. I never plan on leaving my beautiful State of Maine and it's awesome coastline, but have to tell you that Rochester comes in a close second. I learned a few things over the weekend. Number one, everyone has issues and problems and they are trying just like everyone else to get through each day without going stark raving mad. I also realized that I can't always fix other's problems, but I can lend an open ear, an open heart, and be there for support.

One of the great things about going back to your roots is you have the opportunity to think about what formed and shaped you into what you have become today. I guess I had some pretty good forming and shaping. Now don't get me wrong, I am far from perfect, but as a whole I think I came out pretty good and I think if you asked my friends and loved ones they would agree. One of the things that always amazes me is the people who you always thought had it together low those many years ago, and today they just don't have the drive and are where they are at forever. On the opposite side of the spectrum, there are those who you never thought would have amounted to anything and they are successful and full of life. What changed in each of these people's lives? What caused one to flounder and one to prosper? It just goes to prove you can't tell a book by it 's cover.

I live a very simple life with very few rules, but one of the rules I always follow is never judge. Now I will be honest and let you know that there was a time in my life that I was very judgmental, but all it ever seemed to do was get me into hot water and after a few bad experiences I learned very quickly not to do it again. I want to give everyone a chance at life and success. What I never want to do is look at a person and doom them to the same position they are in right now. Most people given the option will always try to put themselves in a better position. If they don't, and they have the ability then I might question their judgement.

I really think we live in a time when possibilities are endless. That's not to say everyone is going to succeed, but everyone has the opportunity to try. My role is to lead you in the right direction. I can show you where to walk, but I can't make you take the steps. That is entirely up to you. But never be afraid to step out into those things that are yours. You have not because you ask not... Keep seeking and keep asking, and one day you will wake up and find out that you are where you are supposed to be and the journey wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment